BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to hear from anyone that has used the product Ride On and what you think of it. Also want to know of any similar products.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Auggie said:
Need to hear from anyone that has used the product Ride On and what you think of it. Also want to know of any similar products.

Google "tyre sealant" or "tire sealant" and you'll come up with a whole bunch of them, Ride-On, Slime, Ultraseal being some of the popularly available ones... but think there's plenty more.

I've been using Ultraseal, and then Slime when I couldn't get Ultraseal any more, for about 6-7 years in my LT tyres. Have some ready to put in the GT too... might do that this weekend now you've reminded me :)
A couple of times I've had wallboard screws in rear tyre of the LT and just been able to keep riding, no leaks. One screw I didn't find till the head was just about worn away. Pulled the remainder of the screw while at work hoping it was just tiny... but air started leaking, so turned the wheel till the hole was downward and the sealant filled it again... able to ride home, plug the tyre, and ride it till it was completely worn out. Never had another leak from the string plug.

Supposedly helps tyres run a little cooler, also help with balancing, as the sealant never dries out and centrifugal force keeps it against the inner wall while riding. Even though it pools a little while you've stopped... it soon spreads out again.

I've found bike shops tend to hate changing tyres with sealant in them because its messy, even though it just washes off with water.
I pull the wheels and remove the tyres myself, take washed bare wheels in to get new tyres installed..... take them home, balance myself with a Marc Parnes balancer, then add the slime and re-inflate.

Only reason not to use it I think is if you have tyre pressure sensors attached to the rim.
Not too expensive just to try it out yourself. Happy user here :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts