BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, new here.

Bought a 2007 K12S about a month ago with 26k miles (30k on it now:grin). Ran a scan on it today and got a trouble code 271A for oxygen sensor 1.

The previous owner put a Remus slip on along with some other mods. I cannot find any sign of a power commander installed in the tail section, but my understanding is a PC bypasses or replaces the sensor, which is left unplugged or removed. So, I have two questions:

1) If there is a PC on it, could it be under the tank? I've never had a PC on any of my previous bikes.

2) If it does have the power commander, does the sensor code typically show up or does that indicate a problem?

Had I not run the diagnostics, I would not have suspected anything. The bike runs great.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The power commander is usually located under the seat in the storage tray but its not needed for just changing to a aftermarket can (slip on).

My 06 had a Remus and would trip a O2 code every once in a while. I would just clear it when I did the annual service. Its nothing to worry about so go ride and enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the bike was at operating temp. I reset the code and rode it 270 miles the next day. Checked it again, no codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts