BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
bjn said:
Here's a quick review from an Oz magazine. Hope the power and torque references to America don't offend any USA readers!
Interesting to me at least, that the warranty period is 24 months. Am I presumptuous in assuming that outside the USA that's (24 months) is standard, or did Australia just get unlucky (or an error on part of review magazine article?)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oz GT Review

No mistake in the article. We only get a 24 month warranty. You can buy a thrid year warranty for $495 (australian).

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
That must mean the U.S. gets the better built ones if their warranty is 3 years? ;)

Just to be safe, I bought the 7 year warranty option. Cost an extra $1500 as I recall.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
GMack said:
That must mean the U.S. gets the better built ones if their warranty is 3 years? ;)

Just to be safe, I bought the 7 year warranty option. Cost an extra $1500 as I recall.
Does it mean that you have the best road conditions in the world, the best BMW dealer service in the world and you never exceed the speed limit of 65? :))

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
easyman05 said:
Does it mean that you have the best BMW dealer service in the world? :))
That's highly debateable. Might explain why I went with the 7 year option in case they screw it up - not that it has ever happeneed. :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts