BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

PAck-Parts, Carbon parts for The K1200S!!

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jimjam66 
#1 ·
Take a look at PAck-Parts carbon sortiment for The K1200S

#2 ·
Okay, so doing a little math and factoring in the pound/Euro exchange rate, I could replace every single panel (including the cr*ppy little headlight fairing blanking plates - how cool is that?!?!?) on my bike and all I'd have to do is win the Euro Millions lottery or rob a large bank ...

... oh well, it's probably a blessing that I really like the look of my bike - it's not going carbon any time soon. :(

JJ

#3 ·
I've just had a flash of genius - maybe I can talk that idiot who put the K1200s in his lounge as an ornament into loaning me some of the money he clearly doesn't know what to do with ... Yeah!! :)

JJ

#4 ·
JJ,

You could just opt for the sticky-backed roll of carbon fibre look-a-like the youngsters adorn their cars with.;)

Seriously though the carbon fibre replacement parts are nice and of good quality, but at nearly £1 (1.44 euros) per litre ($8.50 per gallon) I can buy an awful lot of petrol for the price of the Carbon parts... though I would like the rear hugger to keep the suspension etc. clean.

#5 ·
Or chat to LOCUS' mate who does the cool decals - maybe he can whip up a batch of carbon-decals. They look pretty good on the 1/12th scale Tamiya models I build.

{SIGH!} Maybe just the hugger, then - given what I believe a refurb costs on the ESA rear shock, we wouldn't want Her Majesty's finest salt-grit getting in, would we? :)

JJ

#6 ·
Closer to home?

Hi JJ,

jimjam66 said:
Maybe just the hugger, then - given what I believe a refurb costs on the ESA rear shock, we wouldn't want Her Majesty's finest salt-grit getting in, would we? :)
Firstly I have absolutely no ties with the following company and take nothing away from Locus' information, but they are in the UK and prices are in £'s...
Sandbarcomposites

If I have got this link correct it should take you straight to the KS parts. Photos available if you look at "details" by the prices.

#7 ·
Tks Rennie. I've already chatted to Nigel at Sandbar. The hugger is Ilmberger's (if your German is any good follow Ilmberger Carbon Parts) and from what I've read elsewhere on this forum the quality is good. Unfortunately the Dishwasher packed up a couple of weeks ago and 'Sorry dear. I need a hugger more than you need a dishwasher' led to a period on rations ... ;) So maybe next month ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.