BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been thinking about painting my k-R..maybe a flat black or a blue of some type...

ive seen alot of people on here that have painted theyre bikes, im wondering what kinda paint to use over the plastic ( brand, ect) and maybe some helpful steps. thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
CC71 said:
ive been thinking about painting my k-R..maybe a flat black or a blue of some type...

ive seen alot of people on here that have painted theyre bikes, im wondering what kinda paint to use over the plastic ( brand, ect) and maybe some helpful steps. thanks

You might want to go to K1200S.com and ask Northern Monkey as he just painted his KR as a BMW Factory Powercup- it's very sweet looking...oops just realized that he's here on this site-

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
NorthernMonkey said:
Hi ignore, thanks for the plug lol :D :D
Come on NorthernMonkey - spill the beans about your paint job... pictures... etc etc.. we want to know it all :D :ricky

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all

Well below u will see the colour the bike used to be, and the way it is now, got to say that it looks like a different bike with the new colours, just took the rear seat cowl to the sprayers today to finish of the job, pics dont show the the rear foot hangers that ive had powder coated, but ill get some more pics on when i get the cowl back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
NorthernMonkey said:
Hi all

Well below u will see the colour the bike used to be, and the way it is now, got to say that it looks like a different bike with the new colours, just took the rear seat cowl to the sprayers today to finish of the job, pics dont show the the rear foot hangers that ive had powder coated, but ill get some more pics on when i get the cowl back.
Very very nice NorthernMonkey! Veery nice! :) Where did you get the exhaust hanger from, and how much was it..? :) Thanks! Nice! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks m8y, bought the hanger from pack parts, gonna be sellin it though due to the girlfriend wantin to go on the back, so the original hangers are back on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bike looks great!

and I'm still wait'n for the those larger shots (with the blacked out components and rear seat cover) I'd keep the hanger (I made mine much like yours) so when you want to go back to the clean design or that you no longer have the girlfriend..you have it!

·
Registered
251 Posts
NorthernMonkey said:
Hi all

I was wondering how you got ahold of that bellypan...then I realized that you're in the UK...

·
Registered
250 Posts
NorthernMonkey said:
Thanks m8y, bought the hanger from pack parts, gonna be sellin it though due to the girlfriend wantin to go on the back, so the original hangers are back on.

Changing the motorcycle to accomodate girlfriend? Seems kinda extreme to me ;)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
exRtguy said:
Changing the motorcycle to accomodate girlfriend? Seems kinda extreme to me ;)
I'm trying to change my bike so my girlfriend can't go on the pillion... she's got her own bike... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts