62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
559 Posts
Talking about this:
Nushing (nushings.com)
or this:
Paralever Bushing Kit | R1100S, R1150 & K1200 Models | No Mods Required (beemershop.com)

Theory is, roller bearings are a poor choice for movement that doesn't rotate 360 deg. Bushings eliminate "notching" of roller race. Noticed mine were exhibiting wear when the final drive was off last year; seems like an intelligent upgrade.
Although not installed yet, I have a set of the paralever Bushing Kit as sold by BeemerShop. I bought it "brand new" from a friend at reduced price as he had sold his K1200RS before installing it. The kit appear to be very well designer and there has been good feedback on the K1200LT forums from a few members - unfortunatly not enough mileage data yet to evaluate longevity from anyone I know. Based on my research, the manufacturer seem to have have fixed a few problems dicussed on various forums about 3 years ago when version 1 of the same kit came out. The material of some parts have been updated in the current version now available for at least 18 months.

I have not seen the so-called "nushing" although I have followed the long saga on the ADVRIDER Forum since the thread began in 2016. Used by quite a few owners of the BMW twin Boxer series (R1100GS, R1150GS) having a similar Paralever as our K1200RS, the longevity of these "nushing" seem to be a bit of a hit-and-miss proposition as the product as evolved since 2016. If you care to read this long thread, this link will bring you to the last page (most recent):

Having worked on many K1200RS/GT with various mileage, I agree that the choice / type and size of needle-bearings chosen by BMW engineering is not the best for this application. To add insult to injury, they had an OEM proprietary size that is almost impossible to get from other source than the dealer. It is often done by cars and motorcycle manufacturers to get a secret deal / arrangement with OEM manufacturer when technology has been done or finance to a specific purpose. At the time the Paralever system was designed, there were other options available to achieve same result given the small rotation / high load. This is not rocket science.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I installed these in my K12RS when I checked my OEMs were failing. About 50k miles later I sold K12 and bought a Triumph Thruxton. Better than OEMs for sure.
Mike

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
225,000kms on my bearings,no play no marks.😀

1 - 4 of 4 Posts