BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in 11 years I had a parking light go out. Has anyone replaced theirs? How the heck do you get to them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The parking lights are accessed from beneath the instrument panel. Each bulb fits on the end of a 3-4" plastic stalk which can be removed as a unit. I recall that the owners manual has a not very helpful diagram. It does help to have arms about as big as an 8 year old girl. Not at all an easy or fun project. I found it helpful to remove the R side bulb with my L hand while looking at the bulb from the front of the fairing and guiding my hand toward what I was seeing. It's a very tight fit between the plastic and the clutch line. Haven't had to do the L side yet.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Well, since my arms and hands aren't the of an 8 yr old, would it help to remove the side panel?

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Sorry, no. It won't help to remove the side panel.

You just have to squeeze and scrape your hand inside a very tight space. It helps to look first with a flashlight, so you know what you are aiming for and where it is. It also helps to stretch around and lean over the front of the motorcycle so you can look at the bulb from the front while you manipulate it with your hand from under the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts