BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hooked
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 K100RS with a corbin seat. My problem is I love the bike, however my wife finds the rear seat arrangement very uncomfortable. I have the BMW top box with the back pad, but that is no good. I bought a corbin backrest, and that doesn't work either. It is mostly a back support issue for her. She keeps telling me I need to get a cushy one that is form fitted, arm rests, etc (similar to what you would see on a gold wing, etc.)

So, my question is, has anyone come across an arrangement that would allow a more cushier passenger back rest arrangement that works for this model bike? I was thinking that maybe there is some way I could get a custom backrest made that I could attach to the top box in place of the pad, that way when I am riding solo I can just remove the top box, and put it back on when riding 2 up.

I don't really want to buy another bike, like an LT or something, when she doesn't ride with me that often. Any help would be appreciated....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Short or long trips?

Are you just talking about going for a ride or actual long distance touring?

Jo's U-Pack is the neatest thing. That and something like a rolled up blanket or some such would be just like having armrests and a comfy seat.

See:

http://www.josupac.com/main1.html

Not gonna help if you are just talking about running around town.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts