BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of the mount for the PIAA 1100 that I have mentioned before. As you can see, the light mounts to the screw that is just in front of the "fork" on the fender. The mount allows adjustment for high/low and left/right aim. They are machined out of aluminum. These are only the third ones that have been installed, and the company is not ready to release their name/details yet, but I am told will soon. They just want to make sure that the product is "right." So far they seem good to me. They have not moved or gone out of alignment.

They are mounted higher than the caliper mounts, but they are still on the forks. There just does not seem to be a way to mount lights in the nose without getting in the way of the radiator.

·
The Gov
660 Posts
That looks just like the Martin Fabrications mount I tried on my RT. They were OK, but they were hard to keep in adjustment. I also had to rotate the bodies on our 1100's so they were back to "vertical" since they were actually sideways with that bracket and I was getting moisture/condensation in the lenses.

We eventually went to the RBR mount, I'm hoping they can come up with one for the GT sometime soon.

·
Registered
96 Posts
mounts look good

these look just like what I want...when I get my KGT.

Night vision not being what it used to be...I need more light to the sides to help see into approaching turns and to add visibility to the motorcycle.

Please post or have the dealer post in the vendor section where these can be purchased after all of the details are worked out.

Thanks for sharing .
'

Cheers.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have spent a few hours at night with these now. As I have them set, they go about as far as my headlight's low beam, and about 20% wider. I have them angled a bit into the ditch to hopefully see the glowing eyes before they jump out at me. The 1100's are bright, but not as bright as the 910's or HIDs.

Brian

·
The Gov
660 Posts
Any idea when they will go "open kimona" and be ready to start accepting orders?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
philspace said:
Any idea when they will go "open kimona" and be ready to start accepting orders?
I can't say for sure, but I do know that they are taking their time.

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts