BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Good going, I knew you would do it! You are going to shorten or bundle those wires right?;-))
There are three lengths of screws. The very short screws go into the frame. The longest ones go through two pieces of fairing, the medium ones go everywhere else.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Free Beer????

And your address is???????

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeh, let's all go and make him make good on that offer! He owes us dammitt! (Congrats on the install...now I'm gonna call YOU when I get mine! ) Cheers.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Light Success.....

Bobmws said:
Good going, I knew you would do it! You are going to shorten or bundle those wires right?;-))
There are three lengths of screws. The very short screws go into the frame. The longest ones go through two pieces of fairing, the medium ones go everywhere else.
Bob, Thank You. The screws, I am assuming you mean to "button" the bike up. (Yes, I plan on shortening all the wiring, and apply heat shrink tubing to all to insure them being watertight). Back to screws, if you are in fact talking of the body (tupperware) screws, when I first started I drew a detailed picture of all components removed, and actually numbering each screw as it came out. The drawings have arrows pointing to which # screw goes where, the tool needed (torx 25, etc...) and so on. Each piece of tupperware (ALL removed) will be thouroughly cleaned and waxed individually. Told you I was anal.

P.S. Beer and wings still on me for all my friends help at K-Bikes.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
When I first got my bike I replaced all the fixing screws with stainless hex button heads. There are only 2 lengths, from memory most are about 3 threads longer than the shortest stocks, and there are a few longer.

With only 2 lengths, It's easy now to remember longest screws go through double plastic, the rest everywhere else. Looks smart as well.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts