BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't PIAA used to make a single lens running light that was about 4" wide by 1" tall?? I can't seem to find a pic of one anywhere..and they don't have them listed on their website.. or was it another brand??

I have seen them.. or was it just another quadrazine hallucination? ..super bright... like a moto-cyclops..

Anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Cigar..

Nope.. that's not them.. The 1400's came in a pair like most other PIAA's. The one I want was a single light.. wider... but thanks..

Erik said:
Jerry I think they were called 1400's

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THATS IT!!!! Thx Bob.... Just what I was looking for!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Show us your...

Jerry,

Glad that was what you were looking for.

Are you going to mount it under the KS' headlight, sort of like the Aux. light on the "LT"?

If you do, please show us some photos of your handiwork.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No idea what the aux lite on an LT looks like, but I am going to mount it dead center under the headlight just under the oil cooler scoop. Already know how I'll mount it. The kit has been ordered...

The good part is... these lights come in pairs so I'll have a second light that I can sell to recoup some of my money. I'll have to buy another wire harness, switch, relay kit but I already have the part numbers for that stuff... After using running lights for the last few years... and seeing the benefits.. will never do without them again..

I think the single wide "cyclops" light should be perfect for this bike..
Sure.. I'll post pics when I'm done but it will be at least 2 months.. My bike is stripped of wheels and all plastic at the moment... for the transformation.

MadMax said:
Jerry,

Glad that was what you were looking for.

Are you going to mount it under the KS' headlight, sort of like the Aux. light on the "LT"?

If you do, please show us some photos of your handiwork.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Keep me posted

Jerry, keep us posted. I bought your PIAA set up for my RS from you. I agree, the difference was amazing. The KS low is dramatically better than the RS, but I still wouldn't mind a little more.

Brad

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are lots of single PIAA and Hella lights on e-bay...really cheap.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm using the switch that came with the Piaa Kit.. Don't they all come with them??

airhead6 said:
Hey what switches are you guys using? and where did you get it from?

thanks gmac

[email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jerry that looks awesome. Tell us about the mounting bracket and how it's wired, etc. Will there be a new aftermarket product in your next newsletter perhaps??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts