BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '04 K12GT, when I replace the bulbs to the Piaa's, do I have to worry about the wiring because of the higher wattge bulbs??.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The Piaa H3 (high beam) and H7 (low beam) require no changes to the stock system. Have had them in my '02 since the day I brought the bike home. Over 67,000 miles, no problems. Still using the original H7, but replaced the original H3 in May of this year.

Riding Like the Wind...

CHASMAN
Black '02 K12RS

·
Registered
589 Posts
The PIAA literature claims higher output with the same power draw. They shouldn't affect the stock wiring. However, BMW uses the minimal ga. wire for the headlight system, with a shared ground. Best solution is the use relays to activate the headlights, or at the least, install a heavier ground lead for both lamps.
Many on this list, and the original, have found the Phillips, Osram or Silverstar bulbs to be equal, if not better than the PIAA's for less $$$.

·
Registered
828 Posts
no problems

I put my PIAA's in about 20000 miles ago... no problem. My low beam blew out in about 5k, but PIAA replaced it at now charge. There isn't another company that can beat PIAA's customer service.

Just plug the bulbs in and be careful about fingerprints. I wear gloves... this makes the installation an easier process.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Piaa Bulb

My bulb also went out ( low beam) after 8 months BMW parts man in Eugene,oregon called and they are guaranteed for 1 year . Their internet site doesn't state this by the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts