BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics for those interested. This is the tall version, it is taller and wider with about 2" allround the perimeter. Don't know how it works, will let you know. Doesn't look good, especially lower side of the winglets but that's it, I did not ordered it for the look but to cure the noise in my helmet.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,680 Posts
Let us know how well the setup works.

I have just their shields in place, both clear as my radar detector sits behind them. Your darker one may be easier to clean and won't show water spots as bad as my clear one does. It's a pain trying to clean between them. I dismantle them if I want to clean the spots off.

I didn't get the side-shields as I wondered about their looks. Maybe the clear would have been better on yours? The dark ones may look best on the darker painted bikes.

Mack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G-DAVE said:
No appologies they look good and they really work -
Dave
difficult to say if it looks better with dark or clear airgards. personally don't like any of the damn things. anyway dave, is your break lever touching the right winglet when steering left totally? this is what is happening here and have a problem moving the bike in tight spaces. will check how it works today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I have installed the windscreen but have not installed the shields yet. They look pretty good to me.

Dave, where did you get the clear turn signlas. They look really good.

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
grifscoots Be aware that you need to drill a small hole in the bottom of the turn signal housing so they won't collect water. I love the way it makes the bike look![/QUOTE said:
Thanks Grif. I just went and looked. I was wondering why they are so expensive, then I saw that they are the whole housing, and not just the lens cover.

Thanks for the tip on the water build up.

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
grifscoots said:
I'm not Dave, nor do I play him on tv, but you can get the clear blinkers at Pirate's Lair .

Be aware that you need to drill a small hole in the bottom of the turn signal housing so they won't collect water. I love the way it makes the bike look!
I guess I forgot to say how much I like the look also. I am surprised at how much better such a small thing can make to the appearance.

Pete
 

·
Strafist
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
m3nme said:
I guess I forgot to say how much I like the look also. I am surprised at how much better such a small thing can make to the appearance.

Pete
OK, I found just the covers (I think)here , but dammit all to hell!!! I've been lusting after those stoopid Vario levers for a long time, the wife is at Port A, so I ordered them.

You have to have an amber bulb to be legal and they are a real beyotch to find. I wanted to have a couple of extra laying around for Murphy.

Hornig was the only place I've been able to find them and with currency conversion and shipping, IIRC, the ended up around 40 bones.

But, they do make the bike look kewl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
I think I will add the wings. The Aeroflow windscreen was a dramatic improvement, but I'd like some wind directed off my arms.

I may have mine painted body color....anyone try doing that yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
grifscoots said:
OK, I found just the covers (I think)here , but dammit all to hell!!! I've been lusting after those stoopid Vario levers for a long time, the wife is at Port A, so I ordered them.

You have to have an amber bulb to be legal and they are a real beyotch to find. I wanted to have a couple of extra laying around for Murphy.

Hornig was the only place I've been able to find them and with currency conversion and shipping, IIRC, the ended up around 40 bones.

But, they do make the bike look kewl
At that site, the covers look like they are for the 2005 or earlier.

Those levers are awesome. Hard to tell how much adjustment they would have. i am happy with my levers except they touch the aerogards at full turn. Not bad, but just enough to bug me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
eng943 said:
I think I will add the wings. The Aeroflow windscreen was a dramatic improvement, but I'd like some wind directed off my arms.

I may have mine painted body color....anyone try doing that yet?
I just put my aeroguards on this morning. Easy to do, but they do touch the levers at full turn. Not a problem though.

I went for a test ride. It is very windy here so I was getting a lot of cross wind, but the guards worked great. I found myself wondering if they were causing all the wind effect, but then I noticed the trees really swaying. I guess a calmer day will be a better test, but so far, I really like the stillness. They don't seem to hard to take off either.
 

·
Strafist
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
I routinely use full lock turns and that would definitely not be kewl for moi. The Vario site says the levers can be adjusted for just two fingered use, which should pull them back enough not to hit your guards. But, the price! I wouldn't dare oder them if my wife wasn't at the coast drinking heavily at a hen party.

One question that's bugging me: You live in Tejas. Our temp in New Braunfels today is 96 with a heat index of 103. I can maybe see wanting to cut some air in the winter, but now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
grifscoots said:
I routinely use full lock turns and that would definitely not be kewl for moi. The Vario site says the levers can be adjusted for just two fingered use, which should pull them back enough not to hit your guards. But, the price! I wouldn't dare oder them if my wife wasn't at the coast drinking heavily at a hen party.

One question that's bugging me: You live in Tejas. Our temp in New Braunfels today is 96 with a heat index of 103. I can maybe see wanting to cut some air in the winter, but now?
I know, I know. I have had them for several weeks and I just wanted to try them out. They are easy enough to take off. I want to try them for a few days to see the difference. I think it is the noise that bothers me more than the wind. Anyway, I think they are going to be great when it gets to be cold. Probably take them off this next weekend though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
grifscoots said:
I routinely use full lock turns and that would definitely not be kewl for moi. The Vario site says the levers can be adjusted for just two fingered use, which should pull them back enough not to hit your guards. But, the price! I wouldn't dare oder them if my wife wasn't at the coast drinking heavily at a hen party.

One question that's bugging me: You live in Tejas. Our temp in New Braunfels today is 96 with a heat index of 103. I can maybe see wanting to cut some air in the winter, but now?
grifscoots said:
I routinely use full lock turns and that would definitely not be kewl for moi. The Vario site says the levers can be adjusted for just two fingered use, which should pull them back enough not to hit your guards. But, the price! I wouldn't dare oder them if my wife wasn't at the coast drinking heavily at a hen party.

One question that's bugging me: You live in Tejas. Our temp in New Braunfels today is 96 with a heat index of 103. I can maybe see wanting to cut some air in the winter, but now?
You can tell your wife that you had to get the levers to keep them from hitting the guards. just don't tell her which you bought first.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top