BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day fellas.
Any idea on the approximate cost of a pair of Pilot Power 2's to suit my 2004 K1200RS?
I think my front hoop has gone off after 6000kms. (Battlax 020).
Ta.

Ken

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't know about the Pilot Power 2 but I got a set of PR2's a fortnight ago for my 08 GT for 630 all up. Bloody rip off and I don't need any southerns telling me how cheap they can get em for.
Nice place that Balgal Beach.

Cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Southwest Moto Tires

I have had the best luck w/ Southwest Moto Tires. Very good prices & quick shipping.
http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=SWMT

BTW, it's hard to imagine why a K12RS would benefit from Power 2s instead of going with Road 2s or Dunlop Roadsmarts. On my K1200S, I can confidently drag footpegs on the street with Road 2s & I'm not Ruben Xaus, just a rider. The Power series will be worn away much more quickly.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pilot Road 2's for the 2004 K1200RS

G'day Westridge and Pete.
Thanks for the replies and links.
Westridge, my mistake, I am after the Pilot Road 2's. Did you get the tyres from Lockies or from Rising Sun? Jeez, nearly $700 is a bit!
I had a 06 new gen K1200GT, sold it prior to going overseas for 8 months. Mistake!
Yep, I'm on 15 acres here at Balgal on the creek. Beats town any time!

Best wishes fellas.

Ken.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
rip off

. Bloody rip off and I don't need any southerns telling me how cheap they can get em for. Nice place that Balgal Beach. Cheers[/QUOTE said:
$209 and $279 for my road attacks. A bit more palatable than a Balgal Beach fish sandwich.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I dont know if Team Moto have any stores up there but down here they are now offering best price plus free fitting.
Sorry John.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
urchased the Pilot Road 2s'

G'day fellas.
Thanks for all the informed advice (including the US based recommendations!)
I ended up purchasing a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's from Rising Sun Honda here in Townsville.
$640 fitted for the pair, which is obviously dearer than down Sth, but the have us by the short and curlies here.
They have to be better than the OEM Battlaxs that I've just removed after approx 9000kms.
Hey Pap, I don't know how much a feed of Flake and chips is down Sth, but for a piece of crumbed Mackerel, a piece of grilled Barra, and a serve of chips with 4 potato cakes, close to $50 here at the landing now!!! It's getting out of hand.
Best wishes all.

Ken

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
baytown Hey Pap said:
Damn!! They can shove that! Oh well, obvious business opportunity for a retiring cop and RAAF officer. Nothing like a bit of competition, and as I recall there is not much around there, and that is the problem. I prefer salmon actually which I get at about $10 per kilo, chips and salad come from the back yard

·
Registered
239 Posts
ex Cop and RAAF officer !

You two would be on the XXXX talking bikes all day long,forget the customers !
cheers Andrew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts