BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW has tested the Michelin Pilot Road during the last two weeks and has given a recommendation for it as "approved tire" (or whatever this is called in English). The released version is the standard tire, so there are no additional letters like B or W as with the Pilot Power oder the M-1!

BMW has also authorized Michelin to publish their own release document, which I will get from Michelin via email today. Don't know when BMW will publish this on their website, but the Michelin document will be confirmation enough :)

Manfred

·
Registered
122 Posts
ManfredH said:
BMW has tested the Michelin Pilot Road during the last two weeks and has given a recommendation for it as "approved tire" (or whatever this is called in English). The released version is the standard tire, so there are no additional letters like B or W as with the Pilot Power oder the M-1!

BMW has also authorized Michelin to publish their own release document, which I will get from Michelin via email today. Don't know when BMW will publish this on their website, but the Michelin document will be confirmation enough :)

Manfred
That is very good news. I feel that the Pilot Roads are the best all weather tire. It handles the wet and dry very well with much better tread wear than the M1 or Pilot Powers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
dbw said:
Is the document available in English anywhere? Thanks. Dave
Unless you're living in a country where your tires must be "approved" for use on your motorcycle, you probably don't care to get OEM approval for a particular replacement tire. It may be nice to know, but not much more, since you can put any tire on your bike anyway. In Germany, if you don't put tires on that have OEM approval, you won't pass the annual goverment (DMV-like) inspection.

My bike is US-spec, so I wear any tire I want, even through it runs on German roads...

Matt McCabe
USAF - Germany
04 GT Black

1 - 8 of 8 Posts