BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buy the rear, get the front for $25 shipping - I just got a set at www.zzrbikes.com

You will have to complete the form and attach the pdf receipt by 08/24.

Hurry of you want some- only 1000.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Thx Sportrider!! I'm ordering me a set tonight!! WooHoo!! Will be glad to get a decent set of tires on after these Pilot Powers eventually wear off..

Appreciate the tip...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
BTW... this place has the same promotion going on... and they have the REAR tire for about $5 cheaper and they offer FREE shipping ...

FYI.. in the last 6-7 years I have purchased about 95% of my tires through these guys... http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com

Again.. thx for the tip.. Got mine ordered.

·
Registered
452 Posts
$5.00 "handling" fee

But still a better deal overall. I'm putting these on an '04 GT for my upcoming New Orleans to Las Vegas ride. I hope to get a few miles out of them. I need to get 3500 out of the set. I got just under 4,000 out of the RA I put on.

Anyone have any experience with these sneakers or are they brand spankin new?

Thanks,

Gravity

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
These be new to the market, my brother..and good luck with getting over 3K with them..

while the center tread is a harder compound, the sides are sticky enough for track days which would lead me to assume that they aren't made for any mentionable distance... I could be wrong.. The Pirelli Strada is the one to buy for milage.. or the standard Diablo which is a great tire.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem...as fast I go through tires, I'm always looking for a deal.

I'm not tied to any one brand anymore - as long as their round and stick good, I'll try them.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Mine is in the wind!!

Your free tire was shipped on Aug 23, 2006.
Your Tracking Number for the tire is 1Z8V31690323018807.

You can track your shipment by going to ....

Pirelli Tire :ricky

·
Registered
495 Posts
Pirate said:
Thx Sportrider!! I'm ordering me a set tonight!! WooHoo!! Will be glad to get a decent set of tires on after these Pilot Powers eventually wear off..

Appreciate the tip...
Jerry -

You DIDN'T like the Powers on the KS? Stickiest/best wearing supersport tire I've ever used. I've NEVER heard/read anything other than great reports on the Powers.

What gives?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Mal.. I know others seem to like them and they are decent tires... wear well... feel very neutral... warm up pretty quick...but at the lean angles I ride (remember I live in the mountains).. I'm sliding the front and rear a little more often than I like and it's NOT because I'm ham-fisted on the throttle.... I care absolutely nothing about longevity... Just need more stick.. The new Corsa's should offer more than the Powers... in theory. I think the Pilots would be fine on a lighter bike.. Just my opinion..

zx9rmal said:
Jerry -

You DIDN'T like the Powers on the KS? Stickiest/best wearing supersport tire I've ever used. I've NEVER heard/read anything other than great reports on the Powers.

What gives?

·
Registered
495 Posts
ARGHH!!! Perhaps the Pirate should be riding on DOT's? ARGHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don't have much experience

but the 4k miles or so I put on the RA's were very sticky. I took them 1700 miles through the Ozarks and the bike felt so very , very planted.

I also noticed that I was using about 98.5% of the tread, very little chicken strips on the tires. That made me very happy. :D

I'm leaving in a few minutes to have the Pirelli rear mounted and expect the FREE front tire by Tuesday of next week. After a little scrub in fun, I'm considering a 1500 mile jaunt to Colorado before the snow closes the high roads. :ricky

The Metzler Z6's didn't seem to stick quite as well on the bike but heck, I'm really new to the sport having started riding in January and only 10k miles under my belt.

I'm having a very good time,

Gravity

·
Registered
531 Posts
i have the pilot powers on my "S" and my experience is they don't instill a lot of confidence when cornering. sometimes they stick like flys on shit and sometimes it feels as if they are going to slip out from under me. they have provided me decent mileage because i've got 6500 on them now and i'm thinking i can get another 1000 out of them before i have to put new tires on. i'm thinking of going with the conti RA but haven't decided yet. i don't ride super aggressive so i'm willing to trade off sticky for longevity. take care all and ride safe.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think

You'll like the Road Attacks.

I just got my Pirelli mounted and will wait for the front to get put on before I scrub in. The guys at the shop say that the stickiness will be notably better with the Pirelli.

I'll let you know if I can tell a difference. I did notice an improvement from the Z6 to the RA. I think you'll be pleased.

Gravity

1 - 14 of 14 Posts