BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone here had a post with a link to a company that was selling a plate holder witch would make the liscence plate hard to read at a certain angle.
anybody have a clue?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have the Evoluzione plate holder on my bike. I guess if you are forward of the plate holder you can't see the plate to read the numbers.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Loggiebone said:
Take a look at their web site. It's P/N 96021...for your information.
That plate relocater (P/N 9601) is not designed to make your plate hard to read. It's to clean up the rear end a bit and delete the reflectors.

If Stroker is asking about a device to conceal the plate to law enforcement, which is how I read it, the Evoluzione product doesn't do that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep that the idea
my plate is already relocated on the 45 degree angle piece just underneath the lock
it makes access to the lock much better , cleans up the rear and it's more aero ,witch i consider pretty important since i get passed 120MPH quite often.
STROKER

·
Registered
330 Posts
Plate......

If Stroker is asking about a device to conceal the plate to law enforcement, which is how I read it, the Evoluzione product doesn't do that.[/QUOTE]

Here in NY it is illegal to cover a plate (of course) with any type of cover. Little to everyone's knowledge, a front plate on a car is the usually designated spot to aim a Laser radar device (works with a light beam, not radar pulse), specifically named "Lidar". There are plate covers specifically made to "absorb" the light, or "deflect". They are also aimed at headlights, as these two points are usually the flat spots on the front of a vehicle. If the beam is aimed at a curved surface, such as a hood, it deflects, say, skyward. Lidar cannot be used while the cop is moving either. It cannot be aimed through the windsheild
of patrol car, or side window glass, and, if I am not mistaken, cannot be used at night. A pretty cool device I saw over the summer, which I do not know if it was homemade, was a motorized device that when you pushed a button the plate would "flip" up under bike rear end. These "wrist rocket" guys were standing around laughing at it as I was walking by. I owned several rockets, and even though my buddies and I kept our bikes spotless, we used to spray thin coat of oil on plate, and throw dirt on it, making it "unreadable".
Also, had a "kill" switch to turn brake and taillight off. Of course, if you stay within the limits of the LAW, you don't have to worry. I never take my 130 HP, 160mph capable, motorcycle over 55.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Usually Use Sanding Paper To Lightly Sand Down The Reflective Part Of My Plate And As You Read My Last Post I Angle The Plate So It Becomes Aerodynamic And The Closer It Is To The Horizon The Harder It Is To Read Since
Seen At Such An Angle It's Harder To Read.
Cop's Have Seen My Plates And Comment's Where To Get It Strait Since I Told Them That It Was Bent!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Is this what you are talking about?? (see attached) This was a freebie sent to me by a British customer. Apparently these are common in parts of Europe where they have cameras set up at intersections... not so much here in the US.... The URL where he got it is at the bottom of the pic.. No idea if it still works...

stroker said:
someone here had a post with a link to a company that was selling a plate holder witch would make the liscence plate hard to read at a certain angle.
anybody have a clue?

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Loggiebone said:
Take a look at their web site. It's P/N 96021...for your information.
I fail to see how this bracket, which I have on my K, makes the plate harder to read???? Maybe you need to put the plate on backwards.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they both do the same job
i'm in , i want one for my K
thank guy's
i'm ordering one this week

stroker

1 - 14 of 14 Posts