BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my KRS in October and bought gear intended to get me through the cold winter in NJ. I have an Olympia jacket and pants..cordura gear with CE armor and insulated liners. With the Gerbing jacket and gloves I am warm, comfortable, and feel well protected.

Come Spring and Summer I'll want something more appropriate. At the moment I am leaning toward a jacket/pants combo in perforated leather but would surely like to hear your opinions before I make a purchase. From what I have read and heard, this will get me through to the hottest weather, when I may need to go to mesh. To be perfectly concrete I'm getting a jones for Vanson custom kit.

You can imagine what I need to hear about...too heavy? Not too heavy? Too much of a hassle to get into and out of? What do you wear under? How about my summer uniform of t-shirt and Patagonia nylon shorts? Will perfed leathers be warmer than I expect? Or cooler? What did you buy? Would you buy it again? What about the issue of pant legs inside or outside of the boot? Do those of you who have leathers wear them exclusively or do you reserve them for spirited riding? Any info will help. Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
138 Posts
I really like my Vanson Cobra2 jacket. Once broken in, it is very comfortable to wear and provides greate protection. I am currently looking for a pair of Vanson perf leather pants.

The only problem here in FL is the heat during the summer making leather too hot to wear. I use a mesh during the summer, textile during spring and fall, and perf leather during the winter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts