BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some probably silly reason, I've decided I want to use the J&M INTERGRATR IV in my tankbag for my '07 GT audio. Saw the J&M guys at their trailer at the Myrtle Beach Harley week and they weren't all that much help. They said I'd have to run it off batteries in the unit and if I plugged the 12V plug into my Aux. plug I'd get noise. I have a BMW Zumo from which I'll be getting GPS audio, Mp3 and bluetooth to my phone. In addition I will use CB for bike to bike comm's. I don't really want to "wire" the handlebar mounted unit yet much less fork out the $800 plus for the BMW unit, so I thought a tankbag mounted unit would do the trick. Any advice? Reviews? Thanks.

Bill

·
Rider Journeyman
502 Posts
07K12GT-Pilot said:
For some probably silly reason, I've decided I want to use the J&M INTERGRATR IV in my tankbag for my '07 GT audio. Saw the J&M guys at their trailer at the Myrtle Beach Harley week and they weren't all that much help. They said I'd have to run it off batteries in the unit and if I plugged the 12V plug into my Aux. plug I'd get noise. I have a BMW Zumo from which I'll be getting GPS audio, Mp3 and bluetooth to my phone. In addition I will use CB for bike to bike comm's. I don't really want to "wire" the handlebar mounted unit yet much less fork out the $800 plus for the BMW unit, so I thought a tankbag mounted unit would do the trick. Any advice? Reviews? Thanks.

Bill
Howdy Bill,

I use the J&M Integratr IV and transfer it between the K12R and R12GS. I very quickly added the 12V power adapter and plug it into the auxiliary power outlet on the bikes and I have not noticed any "noise".

I use a hard-wired phone jack and it works great. I believe that J&M had a solution for bluetooth phone via the hardwired Zumo to the Integratr.

I have a BMW Nav III and while it supports bluetooth though I have not heard of anyone successfully getting the phone to work through a J&M comm system via bluetooth. My understanding is that Garmin detuned the BMW and Honda factory badged units so that phone will not work through the comm systems...something about BMW and Honda not wanting the potential liability of phone use on their "factory" configured systems.

In short, if you have BMW or J&M headsets and cables for your helmets already, the Integratr is "best buy". If you don't have the headsets and cables that match then you will need to add "adapters" to allow other cables to plug in.

I love the unit...size, simplicity and performance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts