BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lieu
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what you guys have come up with for locating the headset lead connectors for your Autocom (or whatever brand you are using)? I am not planning on using a tank bag. I suppose I could just have it feed out from under the seat, but I was interested in getting a cleaner looking option. Any brilliant ideas out there? :dunno:

·
Registered
187 Posts
For my Autocom unit, I put it under the seat (hardwired from the battery) and ran the leads under a handy gap between the seat and frame rail, roughly between rider and pillion. I found that the lead to my headset was a perfect length to run under my left arm, up the front of my shoulder to the helmet. This worked well because the wind would pin the cord to my shoulder and it wouldn't flap around. When we weren't using the intercom, the leads would just all coil up and squeeze in under the seat. It was actually a pretty clean setup, and no tankbag required.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
I use the in-ear phones by Westone. They have the standard 1/8" stereo mini plug at the end of a twisted-wire pair (which I really like by the way!). I'm not using the mike portion of the Autocom.

I took the Zumo lead, and radar detector lead, back to the Pro-AVI under the seat near the tool area. Then I used their headset lead that has the mini-stereo jack on it and plugged in a 6' gold connector shielded lead back up to to a screw under the Zumo mount that has the jack end on it (a Radio Shack extension cord). The jack end of the cord is held in place with a small nylon wire clamp.

Makes it real easy to plug the lead in as it almost at the spot the Zumo is, but under it and out of the rain. I'm not using a tank bag as I find it more of a pain to carry around than tossing whatever it had in it into the trunk.

So far so good. :)

Mack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts