BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel strip has gone bad in my 2008 K1200GT and am going to get it replaced... I noticed on the micro fiches that the K1300GT has the same part #s for the fuel pump assembly and fuel tank itself, as the K1200GT does. Hence, wouldn't the K13's fuel sensor float work in the K12's tank, replacing that wonderfully temperamental fuel strip?

And yes, before I receive any responses, I have considered just using the trip meter... :)

Any advice is much appreciated.... Thx

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CanAmK12GT said:
The fuel strip has gone bad in my 2008 K1200GT and am going to get it replaced... I noticed on the micro fiches that the K1300GT has the same part #s for the fuel pump assembly and fuel tank itself, as the K1200GT does. Hence, wouldn't the K13's fuel sensor float work in the K12's tank, replacing that wonderfully temperamental fuel strip?

And yes, before I receive any responses, I have considered just using the trip meter... :)

Any advice is much appreciated.... Thx
Actually, I just spoke to the dealer about something else and was told that there are different software pkgs between the 2 bikes and that the fuel gauges aren't swappable. Bummer...

·
Registered
357 Posts
keep reading..

"As for thinking.........."

·
Registered
357 Posts
No sweat. I just don't want someone else's hopes to be smashed, as mine were, to believe it would be reasonable to easily upgrade to a problem free system since both bikes are similar :mad:

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
It's easy to upgrade to a problem free system. You just have to trade up to a newer bike. :bmw:

Because, of course, the newer bikes don't have any chronic issues at all . . . :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts