BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. i just found a pc 3 on my k1200s . while the bike runs fine, there are a couple fueling issues that I would like to sort out. do you guys think I need to mess with the Dynojet website? Is this something I can ,with decent skills and tools, work with successfully? Not afraid of the thing, just cautious.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed my Dynojet Power Commander six plus years ago and downloaded the DynoJet recommended map for the K1200S. I remember messing with the bottom RPM range (in a hope to give an even better off idle response than their map) but found that messing with it too much caused the engine to stumble on its way further up the RPM scale. I could never get it as smooth as the stock DJ map. One "adjustment" caused another.

I ended up putting it back to the DynoJet map and planned on taking the bike to a local shop (a Harley Dealer that DynoJet recommended) with a trained DynoJet Tech that has a dyno. This way I will be getting the best from what I got. Well... I never got around to it for one reason or another.

Dont get me wrong I am not discouraging experimentation (you can always go back) but most of your adjustments will cause the need for other adjustments and the end result will be subjective rather than factual at least in the performance category IMHO.
Bottom line it is difficult to adjust a DynoJet without a Dyno. Best of Luck.. Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts