BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 GT.....After running on the interstate for many miles (using cruise control for most of it) I come into towns or side streets and the bucking, lurching, surging starts. I perform the reset on the throttle using the key on-twist and release method and the bike once again, behaves.
Will the Power Commander or the Booster Plug resolve the issue?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Devices like the PC or Booster Plug are designed to fine-tune fuel management, not resolve mechanical defects or running problems (which is what you seem to have.) Fix the underlying problem first, then decide if you need any add-ons.

·
Registered
73 Posts
smiller said:
Devices like the PC or Booster Plug are designed to fine-tune fuel management, not resolve mechanical defects or running problems (which is what you seem to have.) Fix the underlying problem first, then decide if you need any add-ons.
I have been running the PC-V with the auto tune in my 06 for a year now.
Worked with a lot of different maps over the year. I have not had it dyno tested but have gone off other peoples maps.
I know have a map that only hits my trouble spots and leave the rest to BMW base map.
Trouble spots being idle to 3500 rpm 0 to 10 percent throttle.
I was stalling constantly coming to a stop and pulling in the clutch, hesitation at 3000 rps and bucking. Very smooth now has not stalled for a while now (fingers crossed).
I did not get the auto tune to juice it up but just to make the dam thing drivable, dealer was of no help, ran through all the "fix's" nothing worked. Added boostplug that helped some what. Added auto command and so far so good.
Hey I do have a boostplug for sale now though.
Kevin

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
swede0030 said:
KGK1200GT,
Will you please post the part #s for the PCV and auto tune as the sales folks can't seem to find a listing for my 06 K1200GT.
You would be using the same unit as the 1200 R or S models.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is the thread I got the ifo from.
you can do a search for PC-V the look for vroom vroom.

Originally Posted by doc52
Just got back from Redline Performance Motors in Yorktown, Va. Dave Lillard installed the PC-V ( Model# 12-007) designed for the K1300S on my 2009, K1300 GT. I didn't expect more power, all I wanted was to smooth out the throttle response due to the EuroStandard overlean fuel mapping. Dave remedied that and dynotuned it at the same time for the grand sum of $308. Mission accomplished, very smooth idle, quick throttle response especially at low speeds around town where split-second decisions and throttle response is mandatory. All together, ended up with 6 more ponies at the rear tire
-> 148 rather than 142 and 3 more lb/ft of torque at the rear tire ->91 rather than 88. But though the overall numbers don't seem like much, I wasn't interested in getting more power, this bike has always been crazy-fast. It was more about getting the throttle response improved which I am very pleased with! Give Dave a shout if you're interested, tell him Doc sent you! His tele# is (757) 989-5000. Stay safe out there. -Dr Ron

Just saw this thread from almost two years ago and I'm wondering if the PC V Model 12-007 for the K12S is a straight-up match for the K13GT? The PC dealers out there say there is no PC made for the K13GT, but if the model for the S works, I'm all over it. Thanks....

·
Registered
73 Posts
moymurfs said:
You would be using the same unit as the 1200 R or S models.

Not the1200 R or S
It is for the K1200 R or S.
direct fit to the k1300gt
I put it in my 2006 k1200gt and it works perfect as well.
install ....you have to have tools and knowlege of this bike to do it yourself.

Kevin

·
Registered
969 Posts
smiller said:
Based on his short description of his problems, that is exactly what my bike did as well as dozens of K bikes on this and the I-BMW forum. The PC III should fix this because BMW won't or can't.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KGK1200GT said:
Not the1200 R or S
It is for the K1200 R or S.
direct fit to the k1300gt
I put it in my 2006 k1200gt and it works perfect as well.
install ....you have to have tools and knowlege of this bike to do it yourself.

Kevin

My bad, that's what I meant a K bike.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
allikanbe1 said:
Based on his short description of his problems, that is exactly what my bike did as well as dozens of K bikes on this and the I-BMW forum. The PC III should fix this because BMW won't or can't.
I tend to agree. I don't think anything is "wrong" with the bike. The 911 shows no faults. I think it's a matter of the bike learning the fuel management at 78mph for hours and then not responding / relearning fast enough when I quickly go back to city driving. It really sucks when I go into the twisties and the bike wants to launch ...off the side of a mountain :yeow: .

·
Registered
13 Posts
You guys inspired me! I ordered and installed a PC-III this week and just returned from a 3 hour shake down ride. This bike has been completely transformed from a jerky, unpredictable throttle at low speed to a very smooth, sweet machine! I only have the base map at this point, but the difference is amazing! First time I have torn one of these machines down - so it took me 6.5 hours, but learned a lot about the order of things under the plastic.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice, good to hear.

I haven't gotten one yet but I just walked in the door from riding back from the WV mountains. Same thing as before...jerky after the long slab runs...stopping and resetting the tps fixes it for a while. Looks like I gotta take the plunge..

·
Registered
84 Posts
moymurfs said:
Nice, good to hear.

I haven't gotten one yet but I just walked in the door from riding back from the WV mountains. Same thing as before...jerky after the long slab runs...stopping and resetting the tps fixes it for a while. Looks like I gotta take the plunge..
Ditto (except the WV part), watching with interest

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now 400 miles and absolutely perfect performance. Don't hesitate like I did for 3 months. I purchased my 2006GT this summer and was very displeased with its performance until purchasing a Russell Daylong saddle, Michelin PR3s, adjusting the clutch master cylinder pushrod and finally the PC-III.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
These are fine motorcycles, but they do need a bit of final tweaking to get them to perform at their best.

Fortunately, we have forums like this one where folks can get their questions answered by other riders that have been there before . . .

·
Registered
677 Posts
swede0030 said:
......adjusting the clutch master cylinder pushrod.........
What is this about? Something I need to do to correct what?

·
Registered
13 Posts
This adjustment allows you move the clutch engagement much closer to the grip enabling a much smoother shift which takes a great effort to perfect. Search "clutch adjustment" by KAKALIKA!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am looking at buying a PC III with wideband, but it is listed for the 00-04 models. Is this the one that will work on my 07...?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts