BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone noticed a remarkable decrease in fuel consumption (10 - 15 %) after the latest software update? If so, did you also notice a loss of power?

Some GT riders at this side of the pond noticed that the top speed is now around 220 km/h where it previously was 250+ km/h. Apparently rideability on curvy roads (for example hairpins in the mountains) has improved and the bike accelerates better in lower revs.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
I have contrary impression - fuel consumption increased. Acceleration at high speed is not so brisk or sharp as before. Max speed - not sure, did 234 km/h as per GPS during latest ride with large top case and "silver sausage" BMW bag but that was not the deadend - just the roads here do not allow more. But low revs ridebility definitely changed for better.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of mine has a 08 GT with the latest software and v3 airbox. On a recent trip abroad he took it over 200 km/h. At around 190 km/h he felt less power to be available and beyond that it felt as if the engine got smothered. At 220 km/h it was over.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The software is fuel injection mapping only right? Has anybody had it dynoed before and after?

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
®win said:
A friend of mine has a 08 GT with the latest software and v3 airbox. On a recent trip abroad he took it over 200 km/h. At around 190 km/h he felt less power to be available and beyond that it felt as if the engine got smothered. At 220 km/h it was over.
That's strange. I have the same latest software and v3 airbox. Did your friend ride with top case and side cases as well? Solo or two-up? One thing is obvious for me - take off from 160+km/h is not the same now as it was with the factory pre-installed software.

·
Registered
353 Posts
®win said:
Anyone noticed a remarkable decrease in fuel consumption (10 - 15 %) after the latest software update? If so, did you also notice a loss of power?
What is the latest software, by number?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
howfly said:
What is the latest software, by number?
v11.1 (if no newer version has been released lately).

·
Registered
261 Posts
Some time ago, I had read that in several countries, Germany for one, the power of the bike was reduced. The reduction factor seemed to reflect the reduction the traction control option yields. Namely 100 HP. Implemented probably by a simple software shunt.

Any other comments?

Rusty

®win said:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In France, Belgium and Germany you can order your GT with 100 BHP for tax or insurance reasons. In the Netherlands we don't have this option (because there are no tax or insurance restrictions). The GT in question is a full power bike (the owner is a power junkie) :ricky

And yes, it's a software thing, that restriction.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know I'm here in the US but I did have mine dyno'd, friend at work does it on the side, and with pre vs. 10 it was 140 hp and 93 ft lbs at the wheel. Latter on this year I will have it checked again but in all honesty it feels stronger everywhere. I have only run it to about 140 mph according to the gps but I was running out of road, it's amazing how fast it will eat up roads :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YYZED said:
I know I'm here in the US but I did have mine dyno'd, friend at work does it on the side, and with pre vs. 10 it was 140 hp and 93 ft lbs at the wheel.
A GT rider in the NL had his GT on the Dynojet before he had a RapidBike 1 ECU performer installed (main goal was rideability in lower revs). Before: 140.4 HP / 129.3 Nm at the rear wheel. After install he had 151.4 HP / 135.2 Nm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts