BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rider Journeyman
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A post from a friend on the LT site:

I read in an article in Motorcyclist that there is a software upgrade to the new K's BMS engine management software. They mention it in regards to their long-term K1200S test bike, but I thought it may apply to the GT as well. With this upgrade the accessory power socket that comes on the bike is now limited to a 5 amp or less power draw, which means most heated clothing (Gerbings in their test) will not work any longer. Before the upgrade they worked with no problems. Interestingly, BMW's heated clothing works just fine with it.
The only solution was to wire a Gerbings accessory socket directly to the battery.

I don't know if the GT and the S share the same software in this part of the management system, but it's something you might want to check out before getting any upgrades to the bike's software and/or before it gets cold again.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I think it's the can-bus design, rather than the software...most people are re-wiring the acc. outlet directly to the battery to avoid such pitfalls. The pirate has a friend who makes the harness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts