BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First pre-order for a K1600 at my local dealership. K1600GT light grey. We'll see how long it takes!

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
doc52 said:
I don't dare refer to him as a her!!! :(
My wife just calls the bike "The Mistress" as in "Are you running off with The Mistress again?" :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
cbdane said:
First pre-order for a K1600 at my local dealership. K1600GT light grey. We'll see how long it takes!
I've had my money down since October. At the time I was undecided as to which model I wanted, now I'm about 80% certain it will be the GTL. The deposit is refundable, in case they price it north of 30K. Anything below that will probably work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
herrdirektor said:
Congratulations ! (Ordered the same baby)
What options have you chosen ?
Now the long wait has begun.... :popcorn:
Safety package (ASC, TPM, adaptive headlight) and GPS ready, for certain. I've forgotten the other options that I chose. They only option that I wasn't interested in was the security and linked locking system. I made the mistake on my 07 GT to skimp. I've regretted not having the ESA (now standard on 1600), ASC, TPM, and heated seat. I ride in winter rainy conditions much more than I imagined that I would.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SylvainB said:
Did you get a price? I'm curious to know in what price range it is.
Dealership is not sure but I can always bail if it is too rich for me. I'm afraid that my pricing tolerance will continue to drift upwards as the wait continues... :drool The reported Canadian MSRP that I saw somewhere here looks encouraging, though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
SylvainB said:
Did you get a price? I'm curious to know in what price range it is.
Canadian price: GT, $24,100

GTL: $27,225

Safety package: Dynamic traction control, tire pressure monitors, adaptive headlight, $1000
Package 1: ESA II, alarm, central locking panniers and topcase, LED foglights, $1850

Some options are available separately, such as Package 1 without ESA.

US prices will be lower most likely.

My order is in, and my dealer's already sold all the GTL's he's been alloted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts