BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small LED light that I wish to mount on the front of my K1300gt. It has a low and high intensity mod by way of a ground and two wires that regulate the amount of power going to the bulbs. I found space where I could mount the light from the fairing just below the oil cooler on the fairing. I am concerned the plastice may not have the strength. Any other ideas?? I could have the low intensity come on when the bike starts up and the high intensity flash on and off so it looks like the light is modulated as it never goes right off using a flasher on the high intensity wire. Any thoughts re the wiring?? Thanks in advance. I tried the Kisan modulator light but it would not work due to the canbus.

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
The plastic fairing material is strong enough to attach a light that does not weigh more than 16 oz ( 1 lb).As for wiring, it is best to bypass the canbus and wire to the battery with a properly sized fuse. Alternatively, use a fuse box wired to the battery with a relay triggered by the ignition switch from a running light circuit or the one through the little outlet mounted behind the battery that is set aside for a GPS. There are lots of threads on how to do this wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts