BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently become the owner of a 2003 K1200 GT. I've not been able to ride it as much as I'd like but so far it has been brilliant.
When setting up my satnav power supply, I managed to create a short from the DIN power take off on the left side of the bike. There was a brief spark then no power.
I assume I've managed to blow a fuse but I've checked all the fuses under the seat and they seem ok. Everything else seems to work ok.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram (or better still a complete manual on CD) I can access?

Any help welcomed.

Regards from a newbie in the UK.

·
Registered
516 Posts
nanookotn said:
I've recently become the owner of a 2003 K1200 GT. I've not been able to ride it as much as I'd like but so far it has been brilliant.
When setting up my satnav power supply, I managed to create a short from the DIN power take off on the left side of the bike. There was a brief spark then no power.
I assume I've managed to blow a fuse but I've checked all the fuses under the seat and they seem ok. Everything else seems to work ok.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram (or better still a complete manual on CD) I can access?

Any help welcomed.

Regards from a newbie in the UK.
Your model has the last "improved" designed fuse-boxes that began in 2003 (until 2005).
See attached image and look for fuse #13 in diagram. Use a multimeter (Ohm function) to confirm if fuse is really burned - sometimes an hairline failure is hard to see.

If your bike has 2 power socket over left footpeg, then one more of the optional "not used" fuses could also be used.

For the manual:
you will get better value for your money if you buy the CLYMER repair manual for K1200RS / K1200GT / K1200LT. It is sold on Amazon for approx $US 45. BMW will also sell you a shop manual on a CD but it does not contain any electrical diagram. Also, the BMW manual does NOT offer as many pictures or alternate solution / tools to do a job.

The CLYMER does include some nice colored diagrams although there are some minor errors.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dozy me.

Excellent reply - many thanks. My check of the fuses must have been lax as it is indeed the indicated fuse that has blown. Problem sorted.

Cheers.

·
Registered
516 Posts
nanookotn said:
Excellent reply - many thanks. My check of the fuses must have been lax as it is indeed the indicated fuse that has blown. Problem sorted.

Cheers.
Glad to help.
Now get a repair manual....;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts