BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I want to purchase a new BMW Motorcycle for my company, but wanted to see what most people who are familiar with BMW prefer. These are the models I am considering:

Models
F650GS
F800ST
R1200GS
R1200RT

Let me know which one you think is best for long drives, but also can handle stunts, and maybe a wheelie or two.

Thx

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Nice ad! :)
Though did not find your link among other suporting vendors :)
A couple of guys from here used your bikes when riding in Spain not so long ago - gave you thumb up! :)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I dream of GS...if only those leg extentions would come in....bet that would be your best bet...all around great bike..from the back dirt roads to the slab...Plus when they drop it doing wheelies and junk its well protected :crybaby: ... like Razel said you have to have the legs for it....But you could put up one of those polls that says..."If your not this tall you cant ride"...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
The bike that I would recommend (if it is available), would be the 800GS. It is lighter than the 1200GS, has great power, is more versatile than the 800ST, and costs less.

I think that within 2 years, this will be BMW's most popular bike world wide.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have ridden the R1200RT and find it's a great bike but when it's full of luggage and with a passenger it's quite heavy. I would like to ride the 1200GS but simply can't do so because of the seat height. I'm 5'9" and have a (maybe) 30" inseam and I don't feel comfortable sitting on it at a stop. The 650GS and 800ST should fit most any rider and be good for short or long hauls. The GS would certainly be more versatile.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You have to go with the R1200RT for long hauls. COmfort, response, reliability, brakes and handling... on and on. there's a reason why the CHP has chosen these bikes. They have them running at high miles becuase of budget cuts on new bike purchases. I am told they would normally replace bikes at 40k but I have seen cop bikes come in for normail service with over 98k miles and the officer would not trade it in for a new Harley if given the option...

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
I want to be sure I understand....You want to buy a new BMW to rent to people for stunts and wheelies? :wtf:

·
Registered
10 Posts
You don't want to stunt an R1200RT... You'd need to look at the F800R if you can get it here. I don't think any ST version make sense...

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would prefer to you R1200GS. one of my cousin has it, it is light and also speedy. take a look at its specifications and then you will come to know. just give a try and see. and please share you experience after you take your new bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts