BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

I'm currently having a BMW K1300S 2015 which i struggle hard with finding some LED Bulps for the headlights that does not trigger the lamp/lampf warning.

Been testing several brands without any success. Any recommendations? When installing back to the normal Halogen front headlights I do not get any lamp/lampf warning. However

I really appreciate your help, thank you!

·
Registered
710 Posts
LED lights are awful. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and stick with Halogen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you thought about 80w halogen bulbs instead. Not strictly road legal, supposed to be for off road use only. Or if you're feeling really brave there are 100w available too.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have the BMW OEM HID system so I've never felt the need to upgrade, but on other vehicles I've never been all that satisfied with LED lamp upgrades to an existing reflector housing because it's difficult for an LED bulb to mimic the filament placement of the original halogen, resulting in uneven performance (for both the operator and drivers in oncoming vehicles) when using the original reflector. This is why such upgrades are typically illegal, not that you'd likely ever get caught. But that's not to say that it can't be done, I have seen good results on occasion.

·
Registered
2005 BMW K1200S
231 Posts
I have the BMW OEM HID system so I've never felt the need to upgrade, but on other vehicles I've never been all that satisfied with LED lamp upgrades to an existing reflector housing because it's difficult for an LED bulb to mimic the filament placement of the original halogen, resulting in uneven performance 67 Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
(for both the operator and drivers in oncoming vehicles) when using the original reflector. This is why such upgrades are typically illegal, not that you'd likely ever get caught. But that's not to say that it can't be done, I have seen good results on occasion.
Modern LED bulbs are designed for reflectors. They are dramatically better than only a year ago.
At 72 my night vision is poor and I'm grateful for today's techmnology. technology .
This was covered in
FINALLY - LED lighting SOLVED the right way
My low beam is MZS H7 LED 1200LM
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
186 Posts
Check out referenced article on LED lighting solved. It been tested and it works.

Modern LEDs are a game changer - full stop. They're also much easier on tour systems overall electrical load.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
2005 BMW K1200S
231 Posts
Xenon is also in the daylight spectrom and brighter, more reliable than Halogen.
LEDs are even brighter and Amazon has an EZ return policy.

The MKS H7 LED 1200LM easily fit as they don't have a fan or ballast.
They are half the price.of Cyclops which have been around longer .

Amazon guarantees Canbus compatability and newer LEDS have 4 sided arrays that are designed to replace Halogen bulbs in modern optics.

You have nothing to lose and much to gain by switching to any good LED light.
Timid? Start with the low or High beams first.

Techmax Ht LED:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0885X91BB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
MKS H7 LED: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D9B694D?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

·
Registered
213 Posts
Have you thought about 80w halogen bulbs instead. Not strictly road legal, supposed to be for off road use only. Or if you're feeling really brave there are 100w available too.
The higher wattage comes with more heat as well as light. The plastic reflector may not be able to handle that extra heat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello!

I'm currently having a BMW K1300S 2015 which i struggle hard with finding some LED Bulps for the headlights that does not trigger the lamp/lampf warning.

Been testing several brands without any success. Any recommendations? When installing back to the normal Halogen front headlights I do not get any lamp/lampf warning. However

Hello!

I have been using LED bulbs for both high and low beams for many years and never had a problem. Here is link to the site where I purchased them. If you have any questions, give them a call.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I changed over my 2015 K1300s to LED from cyclops and I do not regret it. I changed both hi beam and low beam and even the parking light. After installing the LED’s in the turn signal I had to install a resister on the right side hi beam. I had apparently dropped below the needed voltage for the cambus system. After the installation I’ve had zero problems. Still need to see me how add a set of Clearwater lights somewhere that don’t look out of place. Had a set on my other K and loved them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello!

Hello!

I put Philips Ultinon Led 6200K on Low Beam...it works perfectly and it's very strong...no warning lights and very easy to install.
I prefer the 5000K color temperature, but i didn't find yet to install...the 6200K is ok, specially on the night ride.

·
Registered
87 Posts
BMW 2323,

Put some Piaa, Clearwater or Moto lights on, and stop struggling. CAN buss is here to stay.

Trail and error of LED's ( resistor and impedance values) are no way for a riding enthusiast to spend countless hours pontificating over.

Halogen lights come in a wide spectrum of light K and Color. A whopping 3 minutes and you can move on with life.

Happy Hunting

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure if you are still looking. I have some that work perfectly from Pirate's Lair. Not sure if he still carries them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts