BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone with a BMW Navigator III (newest) tell me the location of the dealer in Santa Rosa, CA in the "BMW Dealer Waypoints." Should be on American Way in Windsor, CA and not in Santa Rosa, CA.

This doesn't apply to BMW Navigator II owners as I already know the answer (it's wrong there too). I'm curious as to whether BMW has updated their BMW Dealer Waypoint database in the III model.

Oh, "BMW of Ventura" (County in California) was another omision in the BMW Navigator II or II+. Is it in the III model?

Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
GMack said:
Could someone with a BMW Navigator III (newest) tell me the location of the dealer in Santa Rosa, CA in the "BMW Dealer Waypoints." Should be on American Way in Windsor, CA and not in Santa Rosa, CA.

This doesn't apply to BMW Navigator II owners as I already know the answer (it's wrong there too). I'm curious as to whether BMW has updated their BMW Dealer Waypoint database in the III model.

Oh, "BMW of Ventura" (County in California) was another omision in the BMW Navigator II or II+. Is it in the III model?

Thanks.
I will see about American Way.. but Ventura did make it into the database. :)

-mark=

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MarkMGT said:
I will see about American Way.. but Ventura did make it into the database. :)
-mark=
Thanks for the info Mark.

I had hoped that BMW-NA would issue some update for the older Navigator I/II/II+ units to bring them up to date as the III now appears to be (i.e. Ventura dealer added and if the Santa Rosa dealer appears on American Way in Windsor, CA).

I haven't seen it mentioned on the BMW-NA website that there was another (newer) dealer waypoint firmware addition for the III. I know the European versions have an update for their older Navigators. Seems BMW-NA sort of ignores us older Navigator users.

I did write to the BMW-NA webmaster and he said an update was in the making. No date as to when though. Garmin referred me to the BMW-Euro site which would trash the BMW-NA dealer waypoints if loaded. (I know of the external U.S. dealer waypoints listed above, just hoping that I could load it into the built-in BMW Dealer screen icon one - or at least edit it).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts