BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
411 Posts
Based on your description, I agree that it sounds like a possible clutch problem. I think it would be a mistake to try to solve / avoid a clutch problem with shift assist, but I fully support your desire to have shift assist. It is always difficult to help solve any mechanical problem using word descriptions. Good luck.

· Registered
31 Posts
Let me get this straight the hp shift assist can't be used from 1st to 2nd gear?
LOL, it's a load of shit, you can use it 1-2 at 3K if you like. Shit, you can run from 0-25 Mph shifting 5 times. Both of my K1300S's were quick-shifted 100% of the time at every throttle opening and RPM without any issues. As long as the bike is accelerating at all, you're good.

· Registered
367 Posts
Installation instrutions for a K1200R
QSH-F4D__BMW_K1200R__2005-2008.pdf (healtech-electronics.com)

Ohhhh, that looks sweet. Went down the rabbit hole and found that it can be installed on the K1200GT, and hooks into the fuel injectors by the throttle bodies. Just €306 from the factory. Do I need it, no, do I want it, hell yes :)
Couldn't help myself, pulled the trigger.
It will arrive in two weeks, and it will be a while before I can get a chance to fit it.
Will let you know the results.

· Registered
2009 K1300S, 2014 KTM 1190R, 2000 VFR, 2008 C14
50 Posts
The Healtech looks like it is fully adjustable with respect to engagement pressure and ignition timing? That might be a leg up on the OEM shift assist.

· Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
411 Posts
LOL, it's a load of shit, you can use it 1-2 at 3K if you like. Shit, you can run from 0-25 Mph shifting 5 times. Both of my K1300S's were quick-shifted 100% of the time at every throttle opening and RPM without any issues. As long as the bike is accelerating at all, you're good.
I believe I said could be done but not recommended. One should probably not consider the manufacturers operating manual a load of shit unless you are willing to be back on the forum looking for help to explain why something is broken then we can "LOL".

21 - 26 of 26 Posts