BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'm currently searching for a confort bike in duo
I'm currently with an aprilia tuono factory who is an extemly unconfortable bike for passenger.

This BMW seems to be able to ride very fast and can also be drive in 'balad' mode with confort.
do you think k1300r (or S ?) is a good choice for a second bike for duo ?

Whar are the main years differences from 2009 to 2015 ?

Regards .

Grumly

·
Registered
2016 S1000 XR 2015 K1300 S
172 Posts
There are but minor differences between 2009 and 2015. I had a 2009 and currently have a 2015. I can't describe them but it is worthwhile to buy 2013 or later.

My wife was 165 cm tall and 62 kilos. We both rode so did almost no two-up riding. The one time we did I found the rear seat was pushing her forward onto my back. The Sargent seat I have now looks like it would be much better, and they sell a backrest. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I love to race but always have a comfortable seat for my primary goal,
the elusive female passenger.
I added two layers of memory foam and a then a Moto seat cover to the stock low seat
The love the seat. There is one layer for me and 3 in front to keep me there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello.

I'm currently searching for a confort bike in duo
I'm currently with an aprilia tuono factory who is an extemly unconfortable bike for passenger.

This BMW seems to be able to ride very fast and can also be drive in 'balad' mode with confort.
do you think k1300r (or S ?) is a good choice for a second bike for duo ?

Whar are the main years differences from 2009 to 2015 ?

Regards .

Grumly
Hello Grumly,
I actually own a 2001 Aprilia Falco 1000, in 2010 when BMW brought out the K1300s. I love both bikes. I liked the BMW so much I also bought the 535ix N54. I've put a combined 27k on both bikes.
You will be happy with the bike if you find a clean one.
All the best!
Matthew NJ

·
Registered
53 Posts
Your passenger will probably want a backrest. Strongly suggest getting one. I also had to change the stock seat on my 2015 K1300s Motorsports as the passenger slid into me at stops as I sllid forward as well. I put on a Corbin, a lot because it could be had with heated front and back seats. Helped a lot, but the Corbin is a bit hard, needs more padding. (I tried sitting on a mouse pad, and it helped a lot.)

My late wife was only 4' 11" and had no problems with crowding. Current girlfriend much taller, a bit cramped.

I don't know which years had which modifications, but it seems there were a lot of factory fixes applied over the years. A number of recall-related fixes. My own bike needed the Hot Start FIx done - comes as a kit from BMW. Used to be free to fix. I also added a Booster Switch to make it more driveable at low speeds. All the other fixes were incorporated into the bike by 2014. (I bought it in October of 2014 new).

The shocks take a while to break in and be comfortable solo, but they've always been kinda soft two-up. (ESA adjusted for 2-up).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts