BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laid the bike down on the RH side on the interstate after hitting about 2 feet of water in a low spot during a sudden thunderstorm. I wound up with a scuffed RH saddlebag, a slightly bent Estrada peg(straightened out nicely), and some scratches on the RH fairing. If the crash protectors had been there basically all the damage would have been a slightly scuffed saddlebag i think. No damage to me, i splashed down and the bike pinned my foot while i was trying to keep my head up out of the water. Bike behind me went down too with no damage to it except water in the speedometer and headlight(they were underwater). It hit my topbox and knocked it loose from the latches and it went floating away. We chased it down and it latched back on with no damage..I might have saved some money if i had installed the crash protectors before the bike went down. After i got back home i promptly ordered a set. Kind of like closing the barn door after the horse ran out but i'm ready for the next time. They are not that hard to install, just cutting a hole in the fairing with a hole saw is the only tricky thing about the install. They give you a marker guide for locating where the hole should be. If anyone installs these the instructions are not real clear but some guy put up his installation on Youtube and i went by that. Please do yourself a favor and get a set. They look pretty good too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the frill set on my k1300 glee. So glad I did. I dropped the bike trying to bump it up a kerb to park it fell on its side. The crash bungs saved the fairing I only ended up with a coule of scratches at the bottom of the fairing and a foot rest pin damaged

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fitted some here. Easy jobs and well worth doing:

Lots more videos available for many K12 / 1300 Jobs... Just ask / send message and I'll be happy to post links.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts