BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for posting the link. Nice to see something more than the BS teaser clip that was going around earlier.

I must say though, I hate the way they produce these promotional videos. Who are they targeting? Everyone I know I (including myself) would rather see a good video "walk around" of the bike to observe the details and some good video seeing and hearing the bike in action on the track and maybe around town.

They can still make a nice production of it but leave out the "quick clip MTV style" edits and stupid sound track. All that does it get people talking about what a dumb video it is instead of getting the buzz they really want which is sparking interest and conversation about the new bike. Refer to the R1200GS HP promotional videos for guidance. That's my 2 cents.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Razel said:
OR, maybe that's their objective, to get everyone talking about the video, so other want to see regardless of what's so bad. Doesn't matter to marketing types, they get kudo's for everyone that watches, regardless of the reason.
You may be very right. I thought of that too. Just didn't want to give them marketing fools any validity. I submit that most everyone interested in BMW motorcycles will want to see it regardless if it's good or bad. So since they'll all be talking about it on some level anyway, why not give them something good to talk about?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks for posting the video. I thought it was well put together and enjoyed the music. Maybe BMW would rather you do a walk around when it hits the showroom floor.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
mark5lam said:
You may be very right. I thought of that too. Just didn't want to give them marketing fools any validity. I submit that most everyone interested in BMW motorcycles will want to see it regardless if it's good or bad. So since they'll all be talking about it on some level anyway, why not give them something good to talk about?
Mark, not being a smart ass here...

$$$ (or marks?)

If it's a good, quality video, will that draw any more? All they're interested in is you watching it once. Second or third views won't increase the odds of you purchasing a new bike, and honestly, they're not selling the video.

Sure, I'd like to see one well done...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
214 Posts
Razel said:
Mark, not being a smart ass here...

$$$ (or marks?)

If it's a good, quality video, will that draw any more? All they're interested in is you watching it once. Second or third views won't increase the odds of you purchasing a new bike, and honestly, they're not selling the video.

Sure, I'd like to see one well done...
I understand your point,... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts