BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good brand of rain overpants? I currently have a First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket and would like to get a pair of overpants for when it rains.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the First Gear HT overpants,never been wet,they cut the wind good and removeable liners keep me warm in cold weather. Got mine from Motorcycle Clouseouts.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
HT Pants

I second the coment about First Gear HT pants, they do a very nice job.
Try them on over your pants don't guess, I wear a 36 and I bought a 34.
Less than $200, not bad.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ditto on the First Gear HT overpants. They fit well with the Kilimanjaro.

Spent many miles in rain and snow flurries with these on - stayed warm and dry.

On warmer days when I don't wear the HT's, I have a pair of First Gear rain pants that always stay in the panniers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've had a pair of Marmot Zip Rain pants for over four years now and I love them. I bought them for riding ($99) but I use them all the time - riding, skiing, golfing, shoveling snow, standing in the rain at my daughters soccer game last weekend. They're light and easy to pack and with the zip side they're easy to put on over my leathers and boots. I also wear them under my leathers when its cold. I thought water would get in the zipped sides, but I've done about a thousand miles of riding in the rain with them and I always stay dry.

Here's a link to the newer version - only $89:

http://www.backcountry.com/store/MAR0436/c11/s41/Marmot-Full-Zip-PreCip-Pant-Mens.html?swatch=FZBK

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
rain pants

I use a Dry Rider. My pants are a bib and come about halfway up your torso. They work. I road into work in a downpour the other day and my cloths were completely dry.

joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rev-It! Pants Great

With armor, waterproof, easy on and off over boots, zipper in back to connect to Rev-It jacket. I got mine from my local BMW dealer (Blue Moon :bmw: ) for about $100...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Firstgear HT

I have a pair, brand new size 38. Lost a bunch of weight and never wore them. Interested in sale or trade?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry

Thanks for the offer. I went ahead and purchased a pair of Rainman pants.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use a pair of North Face wind pants ove my leather riding pants. They are water proof, wind proof and have an elastisized ankle to keep wind and water out. For less than $100cdn they are great. Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts