BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ram camcorder mount from GPS City finally showed up this afternoon so I had to set it up and give it a test run. Because I like my painted screen - I planned on mounting it to the luggage rack side rail (this would also let me shoot front & rear), but I was not happy with the result. I ended up mounting it right behind the passenger foot peg.

I took a quick 60 mile ride - check out my first try at a video (2.5 minutes):

http://media.putfile.com/1st-Video---Test-Ride

I used XP Movie Maker and even though I had never used it before, it was very easy to use and add music and effects. It took me less than an hour to download from my camcorder and edit. The video quality is not that great because I wanted to keep the file size small - I was just playing to learn how to use it see how it would work.

Looking forward to using it next week at the BRPR.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ram Cam

kevinC said:
My Ram camcorder mount from GPS City finally showed up this afternoon ...... I took a quick 60 mile ride - check out my first try at a video (2.5 minutes):

Looking forward to using it next week at the BRPR.
Very impressive first effort!

- ebill

·
Registered
37 Posts
Excellent work. The low camera angle made me a little sick at first, but then I got used to it and now I have to go ride!

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Very nice stuff. I especially liked the low angle as it gives more of a
feel for your actual speed. I get tired of the same old boring tank bag
mounted stuff.

Ya done good. :thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
RAM Video

Kevin,

Nice job, great mount location. The rear view would be great when riding with friends! I think I maybe ordering something similar in the near futur for my Sony DCR PC-110. Thanks for sharing!

Colin :ricky

·
Registered
132 Posts
Felt the same way...

Impulse_Buyer said:
Excellent work. The low camera angle made me a little sick at first, but then I got used to it and now I have to go ride!
Too funny, I was gonna post the same thing....made me feel a little queazy in the stomach...was worst with the reverse camera angle :confused: . Very cool though!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks guys,

I'm going to play with it again tomorrow on a real ride and try a few things.

I think the rear facing will be cool when there's a rider following.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts