BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm a new member here. Just found this in June when Pompadour did the first group buy.
I'm getting another group buy together over at k11og.org [whyoldbill is my moniker there]

If you're interested, here are the basics:
The prices as of today's exchange rate are:
K75/100 Stock Replacement - $316.86
K75/100 lowered (1" short) - $360.23

K1100LT/RS - Stock - $360.23
K1100LT/RS - lowered (1.2" short) - $403.59

All prices are estimates based on $35 shipping (included) and do represent the 10% forum member discount.

If you're interested in the Ignition Leads, they are $60.35 (no shipping if purchased with a shock).

We need 8 more buyers to get the shipping price break that makes this worthwhile.
Send an email to w h y o l d b i l l a t g mail dot com
or PM me.

Thanks!
Bill

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just to confirm from the horses mouth - Bill is taking over the stirling work that Pompadour got under way. :clap:

Consider Bill the "Ram Man" in the US. :phonecall I'm still here with direct links to the factory for any queries.

He will try to build up a small stock of parts for that urgent purchase, but he is hoping to have regular batches of product anyway.

Don't forget, club members still qualify for the 10% discount previously agreed [ ALL products].

Because of the weight of the 10 shox and the weight / price break from the carriers we can include up to 15 lead sets with no additional carriage charge. When the RAM progressive front springs come on line, we can include up to 10 sets for a nominal carriage charge increase.

BTW - progressive fork spring trials now coming to an end and we hope to get production under way within 2-3 weeks. prices being finalised very soon.

Thanx Bill for stepping up.

TJ

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey beach,

Thinking about the progressive fork springs, what do these have to offer over other offerings from hagon, progressive, Hyperpro... Just looking at getting the best bang for the price...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lukeman

All the springs you mention are from well respected companies :clap: - I used Hagons originally on my bike [ no RAM at the time ! ], you can add Ohlins onto that list.

The ONLY reason for choosing the RAM progressive front spring - is that it has been designed to compliment the RAM rear shocker. No foul if you want to use Progressive, Hagon ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I used the Hagon initially after I fitted the first RAM shocker - as the front end deficiencies of the OEM springs were really shown up [ + they WERE knackered ! ] Immediate improvement with the Hagon, and good value for money - no complaints.

My thoughts were - if it's that much better with an off the shelf unit, how much BETTER could it be if the spring was designed to especially work with the rear shock. That's where we're at.

Of course, we hope to keep the faith with honest prices [ compare the RAM shocker spec for spec ], but to be honest if you go for a quality spring - they are not cheap!

We COULD get a spring wound by another company for half the price ..................... However, the spring man we use has successfully been supplying Realm with automotive springs [ high spec and high performance ] for many, many years.

Someone on the other side suggested YSS - another well respected make and THEY are NOW giving 10% d/c .............................. spoilt for choice. :dunno:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah sounds good. I need to pull out a fork spring this weekend and see what I find. This group buy is sounding tempting, and shocks are so easy to swap out. decisions...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi there,

things got a bit hectic in the past 2 months. Realm Engineering had to have the roof replaced on 2 of their factory units - a 2 week job that took 2 months !

nearly back to normal.

OK - I have a major "where we at and where we goin" meeting with AC next week to finalise and put schedules on all the left over work from 2010.

Top of the list is the signing off of the correct shade of Gold and Silver for the anodising.

Don't worry - the Gold is for the new USD super duty version and the new Classic Twinshock series for - well twinshock bikes !

We also hope to finalise the front springs. Strangely the problem has been pricing - the sample springs have been road tested and signed off. Whereas the RAM shox have been priced sympathetically - the cost price we've been quoted for front springs is nothing short of piratical. :yeow:

Don't worry, we'll get there - Duck you listening !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts