BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the best K-LT/RS/GT/R/S intermixing events has been again scheduled for mid-May. For some of you guys in New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas this would be a chance to get together.

Red River Roundup 2006
It's time to start making plans and reservations for the Red River Roundup. The past couple of years have offered excellent weather, great food, and memories that will last a lifetime. We had over 35 people from at least 7 different states last year. For those of you that haven't made it over to Red River yet, this is not a rally. There are no registration fees. This could be the best 4-day Ride to Eat opportunity that you will ever experience. Here's the details:
The dates this year will be Thursday, May 18th thru Sunday, May 21. The host hotel for the event will be the same as last year,The Riverside, located within walking distance of most everything in Red River. They have agreed to give us a 15% discount off of their summer rates, whether you spend just one night or longer. Most all of the rooms feature a living room and kitchen equipped with stoves, refrigerators, etc. The parking lot is paved and level, with parking just outside your room. Many rooms have a porch and chairs as well. They accept all major credit cards.
The website for the Riverside is at www.redriver-nm.com. Their toll-free number for reservations is 1-800-432-9999. Tell them you want to make reservations for the Red River Roundup.
For those of you unfamiliar with Red River, it's a small town located in northwestern NM in the Sangre de Cristo mountains, the southernmost range of the Rocky mountains.
Red River is located on the Enchanted Circle, which traverses Carson National Forest and runs through Eagle Nest, and Taos, NM. The scenery is incredible. The roads are paved and in good shape, with many good twisties, especially on the south side of the Enchanted Circle. There are many other good roads in the area that make for enjoyable day trips. People have ridden to Wolf Creek Pass and other Southern Colorado locations during this RTE.
Taos, located about 30 miles from Red River, offers a variety of both excellent dining and shopping experiences. Other attractions in the area include several wineries and the Rio Grande Gorge.
If you have any questions, contact me at [email protected] or send me a pm.
Livin' life in the fast lane on the high plains of West Texas.

·
Registered
447 Posts
We'll be there, looking forward t it!

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deb,

I hope you are feeling better. Your Bro-in-law and Dean left this morning.

Take care.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Got home Fri night just fine - hand is doing well. Have you ever heard of FSM (frequency specific microcurrent)? I had a treatment yestrday - the doc says I'll be out of the splint in a week and 90% healed - I see snorkeling in my near future (Cancun next week) and riding to Red River - woohoo!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Yeee Haww

DebS said:
Got home Fri night just fine - hand is doing well. Have you ever heard of FSM (frequency specific microcurrent)? I had a treatment yestrday - the doc says I'll be out of the splint in a week and 90% healed - I see snorkeling in my near future (Cancun next week) and riding to Red River - woohoo!
HELL Yea .........Sounds Wonderful.

See you soon,

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Here is the list so far

Jeff Eagan - Plano, TX
Ruth West - Plano, TX
Jim Sutton - Ft Worth, TX
David Scott - Bedford, TX
Stephen & Tricia Moore - Mesquite, TX
Jimbo & Sheryl Wilson - Ft Worth, TX
Don & Sharon Mosley - Colorado Springs, CO
Les & Vicky Wilson - Justin, TX
Ken & Dianne Goode- Rio Rancho, NM
Rango & Sheryl Springer- Dumas, TX
Glen & Gary Frankum- Phoenix, AZ & Springfield, MO(Fri & Sat)
Jim & Sherry Davidson - Lubbock, Tx
Russ Locke - Lakehills, TX
Chuck Henderson - Wichita Falls, TX
Harry & Sue Hilderman - Goodyear, AZ (Fri night only)
John Flowers - Sacramento, CA
Jim Swathell - Sacramento, CA
Mike Harrold - Sacramento, CA
Doug Holck - Lodi, CA
Wayne & Barbarba Marvin - Fort Worth, TX
James & Margaret Myrick - River Oaks, TX
Don Johnson - Phoenix, AZ

·
Registered
460 Posts
camping near there...

Some nice camping near Red River too.....Cimmaron Canyon State park....about fifteen miles away, and other parks in the area. Bear-aware area. (No cookies in the tent)

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're close by, you should come up. Make sure to let us know. Rango is making burgers on Friday night, and Ken Goode (from Rio Rancho) is making a brisket for us on Saturday night.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Be sure to add Liz Majors and Dean and me to that list, James! I sent in my room $$$ today. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Alright Mighty Fine

Here is a Update:

Jeff Eagan - Plano, TX
Ruth West - Plano, TX
Doug Holck - Lodi, CA
James Ranks - Yukon, OK
Warren Johnson - Edmond, OK
Dean Sauer - Golden, CO
Deb Sauer - Golden, CO
Liz Majors - Denver, CO
Randy and Michelle Prade - Aurora, CO

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
Made my phone reservation and will mail my check this evening. The Riverside does NOT take credit cards (which is not what the sticky note says for this topic).

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. I'll be arriving on Thursday, departing on Saturday.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rhhall said:
Made my phone reservation and will mail my check this evening. The Riverside does NOT take credit cards (which is not what the sticky note says for this topic).

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. I'll be arriving on Thursday, departing on Saturday.
They take credit cards to pay for your room, but they don't take credit cards for the deposit for your arrival. I know, it's weird.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Make sure you get on the roster. Ken and Rango need to know how many are showing up so they can make enough burgers and brisket

·
Enthusiast
601 Posts
eljeffe said:
Make sure you get on the roster. Ken and Rango need to know how many are showing up so they can make enough burgers and brisket
Michelle and I will be there as well.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Here is a Update:

Jeff Eagan - Plano, TX
Ruth West - Plano, TX
Doug Holck - Lodi, CA
James Ranks - Yukon, OK
Warren Johnson - Edmond, OK
Brett Morrison - Allen, TX
Mark Bouakadakis - Jenks, OK
Dean Sauer - Golden, CO
Deb Sauer - Golden, CO
Liz Majors - Denver, CO
Randy and Michelle Prade - Aurora, CO
Rich Hall - Minden, NV

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry about that. Boer Goat said you moved to Vegas. I shoulda just looked at the location in the upper right corner. LOL!!!

BTW, you should hook up with Raffy, Ted, and Scottydawg in Sacramento. They get together all the time.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
rhhall said:
I wished I lived in Las Vegas, it would save me 500 miles each way to Red River! I'm in Minden, NV which is just east of Lake Tahoe.
Rich: If you want to come through Denver and need a place to stay just give me shout. We could also ride down to RR together.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts