BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, I ride a K1200S and it appears that the front wheel RDC sensor hasa malfunctioned. There are a few used ones available......just need a little advice on this. Is the RDC sensor on the front wheel a "coded" part or can you buy a working used RDC sensor and fix it on the bike. thanks,

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
The answer is . . . it depends.

Officially, each sensor has a code that has to be stored into the bike, using a BMW programming machine.

But I have heard of at least one rider who put in a new sensor, and the bike recognized it without using any special tools.

The good news is that the front wheel RDC sensor, BMW part # 36 23 7 653 494 (superseded by part # 36 23 8 521 796), is used on all R900 & R1200 bikes, as well as all K1200, K1300, & K1600 bikes, and all F800 bikes, so there are lots of these parts available.

In fact, I have an extra set of wheel sensors myself, although I'm not sure what it would cost to ship to India . . .

·
Registered
478 Posts
The front wheel sensor on my bike stopped send info and since it's only a year old took it into dealer. Dealer checked it on computer and then replaced it. He had to re set it for the new sensor to communicate with the system. Tech said that he found some moisture inside the tire, perhaps from my air pump. He didn't know if that's what caused the sensor to fail. I believe a new wheel sensor has to be set up to your bike in order for it to send info. I have seen that the newer 911 tool can do this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts