BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just spent an enjoyable day setting up my Autocom with Kenwood radio, Sat Nat, MP3 and Mobile phone (via Bluetooth).

It's all great and the only thing that I would like now is to be able to listen to the radio (as opposed to just MP3). Do any of you know of a small RDS radio (RDS is important because it means that it will swap to the strongest frequency for the particular radio station as I cross the country, (Radio 4, Classic FM etc)).

Ideally a small hand held unit that is very sensitive, will work well in my pocket or tank bag. So, what do you recommend ?

John

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2008-K1200GT said:
Does you GPS support XM Radio?
No; here in the UK (Europe in fact), we don't have satellite radio. No, my question is aimed at UK riders familiar with RDS (Radio Data System).

Thanks

John

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
It's a UK service to FM that adds digital data to FM transmissions to provide text on what the signal is and allow the receiver to keep on the same programme as you move into different areas where they change the transmission frequency, because the radio is tuning to keep the same text ident.

Don't try DAB (That's all digital) radio transmission for mobile.

Sony make the ICF-40, ICF-M33RDSS portables, just don't buy from P**ania.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
13 Posts
JIS said:
I have just spent an enjoyable day setting up my Autocom with Kenwood radio, Sat Nat, MP3 and Mobile phone (via Bluetooth).

It's all great and the only thing that I would like now is to be able to listen to the radio (as opposed to just MP3). Do any of you know of a small RDS radio (RDS is important because it means that it will swap to the strongest frequency for the particular radio station as I cross the country, (Radio 4, Classic FM etc)).

Ideally a small hand held unit that is very sensitive, will work well in my pocket or tank bag. So, what do you recommend ?

John

I've been looking for the same thing, this is what I have come up with so far

http://www.robertsradio.co.uk/Products/DAB_radios/Sports_DAB/index.htm

http://www.pure.com/products/product.asp?Product=VL-60905

1 - 6 of 6 Posts