BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re:Screen Print

I know I've asked this once before but I've already forgotten, (old timers disease!) How do you do a "screen print"? I need to fix a problem and I want to show some one what the screen looks like. Thanks in advance.:)

Sorry about the off topic.

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
The dummy way

I don't know the BEST way. I'm not a propeller head. But I know what works for me. Hit the "print scr" key (usually up near the top right on the keyboard). Then open the "Paint" program and choose "Edit" then "paste". You should have a pic of the screen, and then you can print it, save it as a file, or even cut a part of it and then paste it into an email.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Alt-PrtScr will capture the active window rather than the entire screen.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
CTRL - Prt Scrn on mine....if the othes don't work try it. You should be able to paste into most any MicroSoft product . . . and edit if you like.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There's a shareware program out called Printkey.
It uses the "Print Screen" button from your keyboard to launch the program and from there you can select an object or draw a rectangle around what you want printed then you can copy it to your clipboard and paste it into other software like an email or word or whatever.

I use it quite often.

Here is a link to download it:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download.asp?fid=5144&fileidx=1

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
Que?

Is it dumb to wonder why the Print Screen button doesn't cause the screen to be printed?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re:Thanks Every One

Thank you all for your help the Ctrl + Alt + Prt Sc did the trick. I can't Believe I forgot such a simple thing! I'm glad I have a vast brain trust to call on even if it's not about the K - Bike. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts