BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone feel their rear ABS kicks in too quickly? I don't use my rear brakes much, but when I do I've always felt the ABS kicks in too early. I'll rear trail brake into corners a little with most of the weight on the front and feel the rear brake pedal start it's ABS ocsillation, but just thought it was due to so little weight being on the rear.
But today I was playing with the ABS on some wet, slick roads, front and rear singularly and combined. The rear ABS is definitely kicking in too soon. Is there any way to adjust it without being an expert computer hacker?

·
Registered
357 Posts
About the only thing you can do is flush and bleed the rear and check that the distance the ABS sensor is from the ring is in spec. I it persists it may be the sensor itself.

·
Registered
104 Posts
troyt said:
Does anyone feel their rear ABS kicks in too quickly? I don't use my rear brakes much, but when I do I've always felt the ABS kicks in too early. I'll rear trail brake into corners a little with most of the weight on the front and feel the rear brake pedal start it's ABS ocsillation, but just thought it was due to so little weight being on the rear.
But today I was playing with the ABS on some wet, slick roads, front and rear singularly and combined. The rear ABS is definitely kicking in too soon. Is there any way to adjust it without being an expert computer hacker?
oem rear pads are fibre rather than sintered (which the fronts are). Many aftermarket rear pads are sintered and can cause the fierceness you describe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts