BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Have you had BRAKE SYSTEM problems?

• Have Brake Lines failed?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Was the problem Front, Back or Both?

• Was the Master Cyl. for that system affected?

• Did your ABS suffer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is a 2010 BMW K1300GT. I bought it off E-Bay 3 years ago, 21K miles on it; "Finest example of the model they'd seen" according to Dealer I had it delivered to for a complete "clock reset". It's been serviced by them when it's been due [every 18 mo.] since.

Rear Brake pedal went 'hard' in late June. Just got on to ride to town & @ the end of the drive - - WHOA ? WTF ! Knew it wasn't a good thing but ran with it and a couple runs over the next 3-4 days things SEEMED to return to normal. Service notice illuminate during the event so I sucked-up and called in for an appt. 2 weeks+{and one or two more jaunts} I'm still awaiting the service appt.; headed into town - 10 mi., major intersection arriving outskirts of town & the rear-end locks down as I mildly CA stop & low-speed turn. Nearly dropped the bike from the engine stall-down before I saved the momentum with the clutch.

AAA tow to the dealer 75 mi away. Tech reports 6 separate bleed-down events & ABS sys. flush inducements before he has system seemingly restored to normal operation. No guarantees that it won't reoccur, unsure of what suspect cause is and the proposed mitigation to the problem's return is a "shotgun" solution of replacing hoses, Rear M/C & POSSIBLY part of the ABS sys. that is involved! OBW, that'll be $880 today; several thousand NEXT time.

THEY SAY they've never seen nor ever heard this occuring before. BUT I've found stuff out there that indicates this is a BIG INCONVENIENT TRUTH ~> Especially for BMW's. THEY EXPECT you to REPLACE your brakelines between 4 & 6 Years out! WHOA! I'm finding it hard to sit down right now. WHO KNEW?:surprise

1 - 1 of 1 Posts