BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest chapter in the 3-week process of trying to get my brakes fixed saw me on the phone with BMW Canada this morning. The individual I was speaking with claimed to have received a letter on June 29th, notifying him that bikes with a VIN lower than about ZR85800 may have a loose spring in the rear brake system that, if I understood him correctly, may prevent it from fully disengaging. He claimed that this will occasionally cause the rear brake to feel weak, and (most importantly to my current situation) may prevent the ABS self-diagnosis from running on start-up, thus preventing it from engaging. By the sound of it, I may finally be able to ride my bike again next week if they can get the right parts in, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone else hear of something like this happening? I'm really hoping I wasn't getting some sort of BS story. After a couple of weeks and my dealership consistently telling me to just come and pick up my "perfectly safe to ride" bike, I finally told them my next call would be to my lawyer. Then BMW Canada magically finds this letter.

On an interesting side note, my lawyer is a biker. He told me I shouldn't settle for anything less than a new bike, but after being without a bike for this long, I just want it fixed and back on the road.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts