BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed my rear brake pads and it worked well until just today when i started experimenting with the rear brake. I usually do not use rear brake pedal unless stopped on an incline. I only use the front brake lever, but considering it is integral brake system, rear brake is applied to a degree. Today i was stopped on an incline and my rear brake using rear brake pedal was holding but just. After that I rode the bike for a while and tried using rear brake only (i was not going very fast at all) and when i would stomp on it, it did break but produced some crazy metalic/clicking sound as if something is lose.When i arrived home the rear disc was hotter because i was using the rear brake just recently. When i grabbed the calipper it felt wobbly. I dismantled the caliper, cleaned it all again, greased the sliding pin with brake grease and assembled back and tightened the two bolts to required torque. Again the calipper seem to be a bit lose/wobbly and looks like moving around the two sliding pins that are covered with rubber sheating. Is this normal?

I am not concerned about rear brake only as I seldom use it, but considering it is integral brake, i am concerned about the whole setup and braking power available.

Any hints/suggestions are more than welcome.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts