BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know if the rear luggage rack on the new GT and F800ST will fit on the "S"? i like the "S" but i hate the baboon ass looking rear tail light and the rear luggage rack would go a long way towards improving the looks of the rear end of the "S".

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Ugly???

??? .. You find the tail light ugly?? Geezz.. There's just no pleasing some people...

wellcraft said:
anybody know if the rear luggage rack on the new GT and F800ST will fit on the "S"? i like the "S" but i hate the baboon ass looking rear tail light and the rear luggage rack would go a long way towards improving the looks of the rear end of the "S".

·
Registered
37 Posts
wellcraft said:
Another formum claims No - the R mounting is different enough that you'd have to cut up some plastic. I was staring at both the R and the S at my dealer and the I'm pretty sure that it won't work w/o major surgery.

www.twistedthrottle.com appears to have a solution. Personally, I think the their tail rack looks a little pedestiran, no real style, but it looks effective. They also have separate side mounts for a v ariety of different vendor's side bags (if, like me, you find the BMW spport anners butt ugly :).

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's a tongue!!

I told my wife that if the rear swingarm was designed after a man's bicep (no kiddin'), then the tail light is in the shape of a tongue and that's where she would be sitting... I rode the bike home later that same day...
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts