BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,018 Posts
I have some. I make these from 7075 T6 aluminum. Sold many to others. PM me for details.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
You can buy these from Germany:
About 90 or 100$ or from me for 55$. There parts are very nice. Mine, plain but made to the exact same dimensions. The 31mm lift is what was used in k bike races a few years back. If you install Wilber shocks you get this rear lift included as their shocks lift the back of the bike an inch or so. I have four sets left and due to lack of production of K13S bikes will not make any more. b

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About 90 or 100$ or from me for 55$. There parts are very nice. Mine, plain but made to the exact same dimensions. The 31mm lift is what was used in k bike races a few years back. If you install Wilber shocks you get this rear lift included as their shocks lift the back of the bike an inch or so. I have four sets left and due to lack of production of K13S bikes will not make any more. b
Thank you for the offer but I have purchased these from Germany for £31.00

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
You should post your vendor for others to use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you still make them, or can provide hole dimensions and any other specs. I could make them cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Shipping over seas from USA is too much vs the cost of the plates ($40+ 50 for the plates). The hole placement has to be very accurate. Not just getting your hand drill out. I use a digital read out milling machine to do the work. I suspect with good lay out technique with a center punch and rule you could get close enough using a small drill press. Quality material in important though.
bottom is 85mm
vertical is 64.56mm (probably in real life 65mm)
off set for 31mm lift is 7.696mm
off set for 25mm lift is 9.65mm
Now you have the information I have held for 10 years.
The German ones are really nice in my opinion. I have not seen others.
I have one set of 31mm lift plates left for sale. Material has doubled since I started making them. I use 1/4" 7075 T6 hardened Aluminum. A tiny bit thicker (6.35mm) than the 6mm stock thickness. A set of wilbers shocks will raise the rear half an inch also. Seems they do this so you feel such a big difference in handling (my opinion, had a big argument with the shock guy at the beemer shop in California about this). The bike does handle nice with the lift though.
Handwriting Rectangle Font Slope Line

·
Registered
360 Posts
I felt like the 25mm lift made the big girl feel like she lost 50-60kg i weight, soo much easier to turn into corners.

On the track i have tested to set the ESA to 2 helmets and luggage, that raises the rear an additional 20mm but that made it very nervous, borderline dangerous to drive, lost all stability and wanted to respond to even the slightest input, it was weaving.

·
Registered
2005 BMW K1200S
157 Posts
Beech
I just finished installing the brake side rearset riser plate that was surprisingly more difficult to design than the shift side. Now the only missing link ergonamicaly
(a way that minimizes physical effort or discomfort and maximizes efficiency)
is installing a Rear Link. I haven't ordered that from eBay because my slumlord steals my packages. I'm moving to the valley to live with a biker even older than I am. I'll contact you soon with that address. Thanks again

I want to thank you publically for helping me solve the 999,999 instument cluster problem. I've solved the Lamp errors with newer LED assemblys and just got a 1300 float to fix the Fuel error and will need the forums help for that..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shipping over seas from USA is too much vs the cost of the plates ($40+ 50 for the plates). The hole placement has to be very accurate. Not just getting your hand drill out. I use a digital read out milling machine to do the work. I suspect with good lay out technique with a center punch and rule you could get close enough using a small drill press. Quality material in important though.
bottom is 85mm
vertical is 64.56mm (probably in real life 65mm)
off set for 31mm lift is 7.696mm
off set for 25mm lift is 9.65mm
Now you have the information I have held for 10 years.
The German ones are really nice in my opinion. I have not seen others.
I have one set of 31mm lift plates left for sale. Material has doubled since I started making them. I use 1/4" 7075 T6 hardened Aluminum. A tiny bit thicker (6.35mm) than the 6mm stock thickness. A set of wilbers shocks will raise the rear half an inch also. Seems they do this so you feel such a big difference in handling (my opinion, had a big argument with the shock guy at the beemer shop in California about this). The bike does handle nice with the lift though.
View attachment 30094
Mattias,
Much much thanks, your a gentleman.
I will try to get the material, it shouldn't be too hard.
I'm in Australia and near a big industrial supply area.
Thank you again.
Vlad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I felt like the 25mm lift made the big girl feel like she lost 50-60kg i weight, soo much easier to turn into corners.

On the track i have tested to set the ESA to 2 helmets and luggage, that raises the rear an additional 20mm but that made it very nervous, borderline dangerous to drive, lost all stability and wanted to respond to even the slightest input, it was weaving.
Hi Mattias, Im not sure if I should go 25, 30 or 35mm. My K1200S is a dog in the corners with my wife & baggage on ESA 2 helmets & baggage. You went with 25mm, what would you recommend?

We tour a lot but I want much sharper handling in the twisties when I am touching footpegs to tar, 30-35mm is what I am looking at but unsure if it will be wise.

30mm jacking & 20mm ESA is a lot above stock...

Is a different length rear link necessary?

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
No dog bone link change is needed or should be done. Bearings lubed is though. 31mm lift plates cause the bike to lean more than comfortable on the side stand. Sasman, I think you would seriously benefit from the proper spring on the rear shock. Your description tells me it is not set up well for your touring load.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No dog bone link change is needed or should be done. Bearings lubed is though. 31mm lift plates cause the bike to lean more than comfortable on the side stand.
agreed ! That 31mm lift it’s borderline precarious. I use a generic foot pad from eBay. It doesn’t increase the height of the kickstand, but it does successfully spread the load more.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
360 Posts
Only tried 25mm but it is a huge difference in handling, it behaves as the small f800st.
I have a 15mm thick sidesrand enlarger fitted but the lean angle on the sidestand is quite scary.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ordered a set of 25mm from Germany! It seems from the comments that’s the safe medium range for better tip in Performance.
My riding style is late and fast tip in so I’ll benefit from this mod. Simply and inexpensive way to improve handling In twisties along with a 55 series rear tire.

sidestand enlarger works well and I had to double up, meaning i
J-B welded two enlargers together to get the height I wanted and angle right. Works well because factory sidestand lean is a bit too much for my liking.

·
Registered
566 Posts
How does lifting the rear linkage affect the adjustable ESA? What happens with a lifted rear linkage if you have it set into 2-up position?

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
There is a limit to bike stability using lift in the rear to change castor angle. From what I read don't go over 31mm. Someone makes 37mm plates but a rider said it was scary. Setting ESA to two up and luggage is about equal to 25mm plates, so it is an easy adjustment for a single rider to step up his handling. I used to do this on one of my RT's and it made a good difference. I do not suggest lift plates and solo riding with the two up suspension selected. The 31mm plates were used back when the Factory had races with like set up, same model bikes, the European Power Cup races of long ago.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts