BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I went out today with my wife as pillion, she weighs about 9 stone, I'm about 14, when I got back I found the back tyre catching the exhaust, it had taken about 1mm off the tyre sidewall. A quick pull on the exhaust increased the gap back to about 5 mm, the tyre is a standard 190 section Metzler M1.

Anybody got any ideas what could be wrong, the bikes warrenty expired on the 30th September (typical!!)

I suppose the Remus will have to go back on in the interim.

Cheers Dibbley

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Your canister just needs to be adjusted out.. should take all of 2 minutes...

dibbley said:
Hi,
I went out today with my wife as pillion, she weighs about 9 stone, I'm about 14, when I got back I found the back tyre catching the exhaust, it had taken about 1mm off the tyre sidewall. A quick pull on the exhaust increased the gap back to about 5 mm, the tyre is a standard 190 section Metzler M1.

Anybody got any ideas what could be wrong, the bikes warrenty expired on the 30th September (typical!!)

I suppose the Remus will have to go back on in the interim.

Cheers Dibbley

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Mate, all sorted now, it did neen a bit of jiggery pokery as the plate covering the join needed to be put on prior to tightening the joint, otherwise it was impossible to get the screw in the hole.

1mm of the side wall should make no difference i hope?

Regards,

Dibbley

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry lads and lasses, I didn't realise you had moved over to the 'French' measurements of kilo's etc.

The British are still hanging on (by the fingernails) to the old Pounds, ounces, much to the annoyance of our Government.

The only reason they made us change to Litres is to cover up just how much a gallon costs!

A Stone is 14lbs.

Cheers

Dibbley

1 - 10 of 10 Posts