BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Only if you call one day old news. I'm vindicated as I posted about this last November and got almost no response, see "Cracks in Rear Wheel Brake Disc". Now BMW says 300,000 bikes!

I was talking to my dealer about this and other maintenance this morning and they denied any help. About 10 minutes after I hung up they sent me an email and said looks like there may be help. Now we'll see how long we have to wait for parts.

Thanks for posting the link, that's the one I found as well after my dealer's email.

·
Registered
357 Posts
:rotf: I do like how bmw tossed in that it was due to improper maintenance... So you would have to assume that 300,000ish owners are doing their maintenance incorrectly......and I guess that would have to include their own mechanics :wtf: I suppose it's more of that legaleez talk, to not admit fault but come across as the concerned and helping manufacturer that will upgrade the part everyone is breaking with an improved one.

And yes 2wheeler, I remember your post (if it was the one with that had a pic of the multiple cracked "ears")...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2wheeler said:
Only if you call one day old news. I'm vindicated as I posted about this last November and got almost no response, see "Cracks in Rear Wheel Brake Disc". Now BMW says 300,000 bikes!

I was talking to my dealer about this and other maintenance this morning and they denied any help. About 10 minutes after I hung up they sent me an email and said looks like there may be help. Now we'll see how long we have to wait for parts.

Thanks for posting the link, that's the one I found as well after my dealer's email.

I thin kI recall (no pun intended) seeing your post. That's probably why I wasn't sure if it was old news or not...

I'll have mine checked next month when I do my pre season inspection.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
moymurfs said:
:rotf: I do like how bmw tossed in that it was due to improper maintenance... So you would have to assume that 300,000ish owners are doing their maintenance incorrectly......and I guess that would have to include their own mechanics :wtf: I suppose it's more of that legaleez talk, to not admit fault but come across as the concerned and helping manufacturer that will upgrade the part everyone is breaking with an improved one.

And yes 2wheeler, I remember your post (if it was the one with that had a pic of the multiple cracked "ears")...
It's probably like anything these days - deflect the "blame" and reap the fame for offering a fix to something that is your problem :teeth

My bike has always been worked on by BMW, so the blame is completely in their hands...

Jeff G.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts